722k going to "Partial Signal Loss" at random

Has anyone with an error 004 intermintent signal loss had their LNB switched out and if so has that resolved the issue?
A DIRT member suggested it could be an LNB issue. I have not hadtime to reschedule a tech visit and have this checked out.
We are still experiencing error 004 on HLN randomly but several times a day. Usually occurs when switching back while surfing.

Ross

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

My 722 has been displaying "complete signal loss" 004 message lately when I watch channels on 129. I checked separate 129 antenna and it was peaked. Did system info (fine) and point dish (signals very good). 622 and 211 receivers in the house on same switch no problems. Changed to different switch port, did not help. A reboot sometimes fixes it. My software version is L676RJQD-N.

When I've had that message, once I bring the picture back, I can rewind and there is no loss of the recording. So it isn't the channel that I was watching the had the loss. So is it an actual signal loss or a software glitch?

yes...I swapped out the dpp single on the 129 AND the dual........thinking there might be some sort of switch problem. I think there is something going on with the bird......maybe aliens jumping up and down on it..........my neighbor's box is a 211 and mine is a 722.

dwarren2 said:
When I've had that message, once I bring the picture back, I can rewind and there is no loss of the recording. So it isn't the channel that I was watching the had the loss. So is it an actual signal loss or a software glitch?

Hey that was brilliant maybe next time it happens I will let it correct it self instead of changing the channels and try that....

Ross

Didn't work.....
Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

I believe it was Wednesday or Thursday afternoon about 6pm that there was a very heavy thunderstorm at the Wyoming uplink center that DID effect signal on some channels.

Hey that was brilliant maybe next time it happens I will let it correct it self instead of changing the channels and try that....

You don't need to change channels. Just hit the "Guide" then "Cancel" once the guide shows. You then can rewind to see what you've missed.

Just experienced "partial signal loss" splash screen, pressed guide and programming immediately came back - watching NASA channel 212.

Just happened again, this time on a strong OTA channel - pressing guide immediately restored picture and sound.

Looking more and more like a software problem on 722k.

I have same problem.I have a 722k and a 722 and the 722k is doing it.called Dish came out repointed dish and took splitter off and connected wires with extender and still doing it.all so doing guide and cancel get picture back. Any answer to this problem. Very frustrating.

Finally had the Tech come. He changed out the LNB and peaked the signal to the 129 satellite. I have not had a signal loss since the four days of many signal losses. So, I cannot confirm that a LNB change is the long range correction. He noticed a lower signal(51) on 129 when peaked. That is 15 points off what 119 shows. He said if it happens again, he would either bring a larger dish or go to a 2 dish system with one dedicated to 129.

I have been having the same problem on my 722k. It happens randomly (time and channel) and seems to come in waves. It has just happened 7 or 8 times while watching the Travel Channel this afternoon. Resetting the box seems to help for a little while, but then the problem comes back.

I have been having the same problem on my 722k. It happens randomly (time and channel) and seems to come in waves. It has just happened 7 or 8 times while watching the Travel Channel this afternoon. Resetting the box seems to help for a little while, but then the problem comes back.

Same thing happens on my 722. May go for several weeks with no problem and then it happens every few minutes. All I have to do to bring the picture back is Guide - Live TV. Nothing was lost on the channel I was watching since I can rewind and watch what was on when I got the error message. This has been reported in several different threads. As far as I can remember, this started when I got L676.

Any DIRT member have any sugestions on this one???
If your signal strength is above the minimum threshold and you are experiencing this issue, please PM with your account information so I can submit a technical problem report. Please also include if pressing guide and cancel allows you to rewind with out seeing the partial signal loss message. Also please include the software version that your receiver has.

No HD for Root Sports in Pittsburgh

receiving no signal from 118.7

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)