722k is an awesome machine

Dish showed up Saturday and did a great job. They replaced three LNBs and redid all the wiring. I'm loving the dual OTA setup. I like that it is black instead of silver, matches all my other components. So far no complaints.

I have to laugh when I read this... I'm on my 4th one in a month.

Tech support sent a new one out to me because my old one was randomly rebooting. I got it last night, spent a good hour unhooking everything, rehooking up the new one... Did the point dish check switch, fined tuned everything, went through and re-scheduled all my shows... scheduled the last show and then BAM
Your box has over heated, the internal temp is 147... blah blah blah

Called customer service and they are sending yet another box to me, but I can't send the over heated unit back until I get that one... so now I have a nice collection of 722ks on my shelf.

"We'll credit you for your troubles" I checked this morning and I got a whopping 6 dollar credit!

The satellite gods do not like me... I've had so many issues and I haven't even finished my 2nd month with them. :(

I've had my 722K for 2 weeks now. So far no issues except for the HDMI audio dropout issue that was fixed by using the optical audio cable.

I've had lots of occasions where all the tuners were recording HD at once, and have had no problems. Must be lucky... :)

I've had my 722K for 2 weeks now. So far no issues except for the HDMI audio dropout issue that was fixed by using the optical audio cable.

I've had lots of occasions where all the tuners were recording HD at once, and have had no problems. Must be lucky... :)

Knock on wood here too. I've had my 722K since April and after replacing the intial box after 2 days I have had no problem. And we put ours through the wringer (both satellite and OTA tuners working pretty regularly). I have my sound hooked up via HDMI through my ONKYO and also via optical and have had no problems listening either way.

OK, I jinxed myself yesterday by posting this. I had my first 722K glitch. I recorded Glee on Fox OTA, and about 30 minutes through the recording it jumped ahead by about 15 minutes. No matter what I tried I couldn't access those 15 minutes of recording - fast forwarding would jump over it and so would rewinding.

Luckily the timer was still set on my 722 in the bedroom (also OTA) so I watched the 2nd half of the recording there.

Love the 722K but set-up problem issue

Got a new 722K this week, decided to wait until Saturday to set it up so I wouldn't bollix the weekly shows if the setup went south, as it frequently does for me:( I transferred all my unwatched, but recorded, programs from my 722 to my external hard drive. Set my 722K on top of the 722, moved each cable from the old box to the new. Sat down with a cup of coffee and started the on-screen set up. After running the Point Dish drill, got a screen message to the effect that there was a hardware problem, perhaps a loose connection, and there was no signal reception. Checked all the connections, then tried again, same message. So I took a deep breath and called DISH. CSR had me do the whole drill again, best we could get was the satellite dish grid that stated "reception verifed, no signal." When I reported that, the CSR moved faster than Usain Bolt to set up a tech visit. Luckily, being a "loyal DISH customer 'thanks'," I got a visit Sunday morning. Turns out, the initial setup has to start from the buttons on the front of the box. Now, some of the tribal elders are probably foaming at the mouth as they start to type their admonitions. Probably "my bad," if so, that's on me. This is more a mea culpa to let others know how they should start out the install. The tech who came to set it up (a private firm under contract to DISH) made a comment to the effect that "they don't make it easy for the user to set these up." Even he had some "do-overs" setting up the system, but it works perfectly. Really love the 'K' box, getting used to some of the finite changes in the remote buttons (I keep hitting the Search button which is where the DVR button was on the 722 remote. When I went into My Media to recover some programs that I had sent there to save during the transfer of boxes, I was extremely pleased to see the file folder system for multiple recordings of the same show. I am saving the 722 for when the 622 dies, but for anyone out there considering the 'K,' I say go for it:)

Precisely the reason Dish usually has an installer install these units.

I upgraded from a 622 to the 722k and it took the installer about 30 minutes (included updating software then installing the OTA module) and it has never skipped a beat.

I really like the larger internal HDD plus archiving to multiple EHDs.

Precisely the reason Dish usually has an installer install these units.

I upgraded from a 622 to the 722k and it took the installer about 30 minutes (included updating software then installing the OTA module) and it has never skipped a beat.

I really like the larger internal HDD plus archiving to multiple EHDs.
Upgrading from a 622, I just followed the install instructions that came with it. No problem and definitely a lot less than thirty minutes. You were aware you could use an EHD with a 622??

I had 5-6 EHD's with my 622, but with the price for upgrade to the 722k being only the $30 for the dual channel OTA module, I couldn't pass that up. Now I can record 2 OTA channels + 2 sat channels at the same time if need be and a whole lot more room on the internal before I have to archive.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)