722k / L685 - Slingplayer needs new password

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

TG2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 7, 2011
Viginia
Anyone in the know of what the new "administrator" password is to use the Sling Player stand alone application with a 722k that's running the new L685 firmware??

use to be "admin" and that still works on L683 ... but when they rolled out L685 it seems they changed it. I've two 722k's in house.. one on each of those firmwares, hence how I know it was L685 that changed it..

have tried a few of the usual suspects admin/Admin/nimda/Nimda/abc/etc..

anyone else have an idea? is there anywhere that the firmware files themselves are obtainable to pinpoint and crush this bs password issue??

Thanks!

*EDIT* This is a 722k with Sling Adapter
This version of SlingPlayer doesn't offer options for user name, only password, and I've tried my SlingBox.com password (never had a slingbox, setup the account as if I had one, but have only ever had the Sling Adapter).

Last edited:
Are you talking about the SLing adapter on your 722 or a SLingBox attached to the 722.

My sling adapter uses my email address for user and my dish login password to logon.

922 owners found the new password using their remote... Check out the 922 section of this forum and see if the new 722 firmware has it available in a similar place. Fingers crossed here. (I'm still on the old firmware.) As TG2 says, the old firmware doesn't show it and "admin" still works.

922 owners found the new password using their remote... Check out the 922 section of this forum and see if the new 722 firmware has it available in a similar place. Fingers crossed here. (I'm still on the old firmware.) As TG2 says, the old firmware doesn't show it and "admin" still works.
So far all I've found with that, supposedly 922 users can hit Menu Twice ... and their password is there.. I tried it with the 722k and other than the L685 revision level and the receiver & smart card ID's the L683 was the same ... neither shows a password (L683 worked with "admin" but that word isn't anywhere on the double menu.

Still looking ... if anyone else knows of a way to find it.. halla-out! :) Thanks!!

Edit: Checked out interactive menus for the 922 ... on its diag/info screens (double menu) it comes up showing much of the same information 722k's show RID, CID, Firmware Revision, etc..

though on the 922 there is a section near the bottom, "Sling Firmware ID" "Sling Password" and "Sling Finder ID" Firmware is there on one of the 722 menu screens and it lists that its online.. but no password and it also doesn't list the Finder ID ... that however is found by the sling player software ...

Last edited:
I'm sure the 722 sling password has been ramdomized just like the 922. Just like the OP I can't find the password anywhere in the 722 menus. One possiblility is to use an ethernet sniffer to catch the password when it is sent during the authentication phase of the web player. This will only work if the password is sent clear text. Hopefully someone with more free time than I have can test this... or maybe one of our Dish reps can tell us how to find the password.

One possiblility is to use an ethernet sniffer to catch the password when it is sent during the authentication phase of the web player. This will only work if the password is sent clear text. Hopefully someone with more free time than I have can test this... or maybe one of our Dish reps can tell us how to find the password.
yeah.. I've thought of that ... I've already started trying to capture and identify password location in an authentication attempt with the stand along player..

I'm 99.9% positive that I have found where the password is encrypted into the stream sent over to the receiver ... haven't attempted yet to insert before (or hub) the receiver so I can sniff the dishXX.sling.com authentication stream ... to see if it comes across in the same manner .. if it does, then its a matter of cracking the hash.

If you view the page source while on Dish Remote Access, you can see the password.
oh jeeze .... I didn't even think of checking it... though tonight I've not been able to get into DRA "system not available at this time" but ... ;) DishOnline.com has been up and available.. and sure enough.. there it is..

Code:
5D=1&protocol_version=43&receiver_id=XXXXXXXXXXXXX& 
rose=READY&sd_mins=20330&sd_total=21000&slingbox_direct_connect=0& 
slingbox_id=XXXXXXXXXXXXX&slingbox_ip_port=0&slingbox_password=XXXXXXXXXXXXX& 
slingbox_tuner=1&slingbox_user=admin&status=2&tv_tuner=0& 
version=L685RMKD-N

slingbox_password= .... and copied the string up to the &amp .. and sure enough it let me right in!!

god do I feel dumb not looking at HTML ... I even remember remarking that its all http after login ... Thank you MDaveJ!!

Good show! BTW... Which version of the SlingPlayer are we discussing here?

Good show! BTW... Which version of the SlingPlayer are we discussing here?

Sling Player 2.0.3508 (or earlier) .... that's the last version of the player that works. The most current one 2.0.4522 will not allow you to attach to a 722k w/Sling Adapter with a "that device is not supported" message.

Probably it will go away quick as DISH Remote Access is being discontinued and only DISHonline will be available.

Is it just me now Scott? I go to DishOnline and still (for 3 weeks now) I try to play any DVR'd event .... and every time, it will start playing that event immediately on TV1 ... sometimes leaving Live TV playing in the web browser... and some times actually playing the event on the web .... but always starting it on TV1!!

And if its still not just me ... then Dish should never have taken D.O. out of beta.. not until at least that was solved!

Does that include the Android App?
No.. this is only concerning the Dish Remote Access, and DishOnline.com ... DisnOnline.com is supposed to replace Dish Remote Access ... D.O. has much more content available, one would suppose making it a "one stop shop" for Dish customers in their desire for content ... but for many of us, its a poor replacement for Dish Remote Access ... even with DRA's current bugs (DVR content sort, per user account channels missing, intermittent playback problems, etc)

As to the "password" ... if you have the android app asking you for one.. you could always give it a try ... select the option to login as admin and use the password you find via searching the HTML source of the web page ... it should work. And if you own the Slingbox android software ... since sling still requires you to pay for it ... I'd be careful of upgrading those respecive versions if they work now for you because they could do the same there (stop you from using slingbox app with sling adapter).

Which version of the standalone slingplayer software works with the 722? Version 2.04 recognizes the 722 with a sling adapter as a sling device. It accepts the password I was able to retrieve using the above method but it tells me the device isn't compatible with the software. The web based sling player works VERY poorly for me. I have a DSL line but it is not very fast. I am not trying to watch TV remotely. I am watching it on my local LAN. I can start the web based player and it seems to work very well with a bitrate in the 8000 Kbps range. The picture is great... however after about 30 seconds, the audio and video become unsynced an the offset between them gets progessively worse. Anyone have a clue on how to get around this issue?

Read TG2's reply to me in the post above yours for the correct (last working) SlingPlayer. I too hate the web interface and have severe A/V sync issues when trying to run on inadequate hardware in the Best/HD setting. Seems to keep up OK via DRA on the latest/greatest hardware. (Unfortunately, only my wife's laptop is the latest/greatest.)

Read TG2's reply to me in the post above yours for the correct (last working) SlingPlayer.QUOTE]

I read it just after I posted my last message:).

I installed the above mentioned version and it does work with my 722/sling adapter. I have no audio/video sync problems when using the slingplayer software. If I use either dishonline or dish remote access the sync problem only takes about 30 seconds before it becomes irritating. I have tried this on multiple computers... one of them is a quad core machine with 8 GB of RAM and I still have no luck.

FYI... the sling player software has no guide information when used with the 722/sling adapter. At least I don't have A/V sync issues with the sling player software.

FYI... the sling player software has no guide information when used with the 722/sling adapter. At least I don't have A/V sync issues with the sling player software.
:( yeah... I know.. I think its because we're unable to properly do the "setup wizard" ... can't enter a zip code for them to setup local info (timezone, guide location, etc) ... would love to get ahold of someone's SlingPlayer INI file and see if this is a lineitem that can be manually entered.

If you do the "EDIT" on the "Sling Directory" screen for one of your devices, you have a second tab to grab a lot more info for the receiver and its connections, ip info of the server you're connecting to (and name) .. this info on mine matches up to what I get when I'm at Dish Remote Access (not dishonline). Its also where you can see the sling is treated as having three inputs.. one labeled Composite :)

Dish Remote Access for my X2 android phone seems to have gone away.. Keeps asking for the Admin password when I try to watch something.. Can't find anything that works. I swapped it from one 722 to the the other.. Hasn't worked since..

Dish Remote Access for my X2 android phone seems to have gone away.. Keeps asking for the Admin password when I try to watch something.. Can't find anything that works. I swapped it from one 722 to the the other.. Hasn't worked since..
Go to dishonline.com ... click on the "View DVR" ... then when the page loads .... right click in an empty area and "View Source" ... in the text or html editor that opens, search for
Code:
slingbox_password
your new password will be there, after the = sign.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts