722k Lock up

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

JWC

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 16, 2005
My 722k locks up (does not respond to the IR remote on TV1) This is often caused when I record two or more programs or when I switch from my recordings to sat.

While a hard reset usually works, this is a pain when it is happening every day or so. What is wierd is that the IR sensor on the 722k seems to go through two different "sensitivity" settings. By that I mean, if I put the remote up close (face to face) with the Rx, it does respond, but move it away a few inches it does not respond. The front pannel works OK. A few minutes latter it may act normal. This is not a battery issue nor a remote issue (I have two IR remotes.

Now this is a possible cause/effect question. The TV is plasma and I have heard that plasma TVs often intefere with IR devices. If so, Can I use a UHF remote to work with TV1? TV2 works fine.

My 722k locks up (does not respond to the IR remote on TV1) This is often caused when I record two or more programs or when I switch from my recordings to sat.

The TV is plasma and I have heard that plasma TVs often intefere with IR devices.

Nope, LCD's with auto contrast/back-lighting. Yes you can use UHF for TV1. You would need to get another 21.0 or 6.3 remote and use a different remote address than TV2.

"Lock Up": No impact on video. Rx does not respond to any commands via the remote except power up. Can't change channels, switch to DVR etc. Can't access menu, re-learn (button 0) and even can't power down. If you put the remote up to the IR sensor, it works,...move it back an inch and rx does not respond. New batteries.

My 722 does go into picture freeze no response. Hard reboot clears it. Had to do it twice within five minutes this afternoon. Running L623

I don't know where all my posts went but I did find the cure for lock up. I will not be back here to confusing. I was having a dialog (posts), I bookmarked the page, was able to come back a few times now they are gone. Maybe Dish network runs this site. bye. part of the answer to prevent lock up is mix 43 ferrites.

I don't know where all my posts went but I did find the cure for lock up. I will not be back here to confusing. I was having a dialog (posts), I bookmarked the page, was able to come back a few times now they are gone. Maybe Dish network runs this site. bye. part of the answer to prevent lock up is mix 43 ferrites.

I'm not sure but I think your other posts are in another thread.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-technical-discussions/204691-dish-network-receivers.html

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)