722k losing locals signal?

long_time_DNC

Politically Incorrect
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 24, 2004
Pacific Northwest, where it rains a lot...
I tried to do a search on related topics, but the site search seems to be broken. If this is this a duplicate subject, could a mod please provide me the link to it and then you can delete this one?

When I try to tune to any of my locals channels (4, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, etc, etc), I get a banner at the bottom of the screen telling me that the HD signal is unavailable and that it's tuning to the SD equivalent. It then indeed tunes to the SD version of the channel, where-upon I press the up-arrow on the remote once and there's the HD version of the local station, no problem at all.

This doesn't happen with ANY of the satellite channels (Food, Comedy, Discovery, History, etc, etc, etc), only my HD locals and it happens almost everytime I try to tune to an HD local. I have no local antenna, no dongle...I'm getting my locals from Dish. My 622 never did this. There's nothing block or obstructing either of my dishes outside.

So is this a 722k issue? A settings issue that I can remedy with something in the menu that I haven't yet found? Is anyone else with a 722k experiencing a similar issue?

Thanks!

This will be a signal issue, though it may not seem like it. Locals come from spotbeams, HD and SD channels on these do typically come from different satellites. Chances are the spotbeam for just the HD locals is not being picked up right.

This will be a signal issue, though it may not seem like it. Locals come from spotbeams, HD and SD channels on these do typically come from different satellites. Chances are the spotbeam for just the HD locals is not being picked up right.
Thank you for the reply, Matt. What would be the most likely cause of this issue? It happens every time I tune to my HD locals, regardless of weather (clear or cloudy or rainy, makes no difference). Do I perhaps have an LNB issue going on? Like I said, after it tunes to the SD version of the local, I can press up-arrow and get the HD version of the channel without any issue at all. My 622 never did this and the 722k I have now didn't start doing it until about a week or so ago. It's not like it's a major issue, but more of an annoyance. Just wondering if it's a sign of something that's going to get worse (receiver issue?) or a sat issue?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)