722k OTA Module

family guy

Original poster
Apr 10, 2008
I've been trying to confirm if the forthcoming MT2 OTA module for the 722k receiver will be available as a separate add on/replacement for the current OTA module on the 722 receivers. Does anyone know if this is an option or will this ONLY be available on the new 722k receivers when they come out in December?

I've also heard that even though this OTA module will allow TV1 and TV2 to access live OTA broadcasts that you still need to subscribe to the Dish locals in order to populate the weekly local guide information. IS this true and, if so, is there a way around this?

My contract with Dish is up in March. Any thought on whether Dish would take into consideration swapping out my current receiver for the new one in exchange for another contract term. I've also been wanting to add another HD DVR to a different TV. I figure I'll be in the driver's seat and would like to have Dish, Direct TV and U-Verse fight for my business. I've been doing my research and feel that Dish may have the best equipment around. They completely blow the U-Verse product out of the water in terms of hard drive capacity and HD channels.

Should be interesting.

The ota module will only work on the 722k. The currently 722 cannot be modified to accept the module.
You need the subscription to have guide info. If you don't the ota will work with the dvr functions but you would need to set manual timers.
You should be able to upgrade the receiver with an upgrade fee and another two year contract. Dish allows a DIU once every 12 months, or you can always buy the receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts