722K Remote Access Not Working

WB8GRS

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 7, 2008
Hi,

I have two 722K's that were installed about two weeks ago and the remote access that allow you to remotely program the DVR is not working.

Here's the setup:

1. Broadband is connected to both 722K's and conformed working with both receivers showing on-line status at each reciever.

2. I log onto dishnetwork.com, enter my user name and password and then went to the remote access link and the status of both my receivers show "offline". I used the refresh status button on the refresh the status, but still shows offline.

3. I have contacted dish 4 times in the last two weeks and the first three times they said they were having problems with remote access and they would have it fixed ASAP. Yesterday I called again and they told me it has been fixed, but it still did not work on my 2 722K receivers. They scheduled an installer to come out and check the install today.

4. The installer was just here (same installer that installed the system) and we when throught checking the broadband and DishComm setup and both show on-line. I can download movies, and access interactive programs like local weather, so I'm sure the boardband connection is OK at my end. I have tried remote access on three different internet providers from different family members homes and it does not work, so its not my internet provider blocking access.

Is there any special setting I need to make in my router to open ports??? Dish does not say anything about this so I assume not. I'm about to call Dish again as it seem to be at there end.

Any Ideas?

Thanks!

I just had to go thru this... I got two 722k's and could not figure it out until I came upon a post this guy had.

Originally Posted by Juergen99

When I read this I was thinking..."I don't recall seeing any option for nickname or web activation". I got home and hit MENU, 6, 1 ,8 but at that point I only see options 1 and 0. I hit 2 anyway and the nickname dialog appears, then 3 for web activation. It gives me a number and I am instructed to go to dish.sling.com in the next 15 minutes

You have to enter a nickname for the reciver and then hit done, then hit 3 for web activation. After that you go to the dish.sling.com website and you enter the code the box gives you... after I did that all of my 722k's started working.

Hope that helps.

I just had to go thru this... I got two 722k's and could not figure it out until I came upon a post this guy had.

You have to enter a nickname for the reciver and then hit done, then hit 3 for web activation. After that you go to the dish.sling.com website and you enter the code the box gives you... after I did that all of my 722k's started working.

Hope that helps.

It Worked... Thank you very much!....

No one a Dish said anything about this. Disapointing...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts