722k remote problem (MAJOR PROBLEM)

A lot of people have blasted Sony for using Bluetooth for its remote control on the PS3.

If Bluetooth became more universal for audio/video remote controls, wouldn't that eliminate these type of problems?

All the problems I am having are with Dish 5xx DVRs and the TVs in question are CRTs. And this JUST started happening.

I had this problem with my samsung tvs. I just ended up buying a UHF remote for tv1. Solved my problem.

Yes, a UHF should solve the problem. However, I wanted my Harmony 880 to work with the IR sensor on the receiver. Tried all the "black electric tape" tricks but no luck. It could be my receiver is faulty. I might try using a IR repeater to see if it resolves the problem!!

This morning, before turning on my TV, I tried to power on the receiver from about 3 feet away and it doesn't work! It only works when i put my remote very close and just in front of the receiver!!
Two possibilities here:

1. Limp IR emitter (or nearly dead batteries)

2. Fluorescent lighting

All the problems I am having are with Dish 5xx DVRs and the TVs in question are CRTs. And this JUST started happening.
The 5xx series are all UHF. They shouldn't be impacted by the type of TV lighting used.

UHF can be negatively impacted by RF interference or poltergeists removing your remote antennas.

Specifically, what are your problems?

I seem to remember reading that the VIP922's remote uses the Zigbee standard.
That may have gone away with the dropping of the touchpad remote.

Anyone who has ever tried to find a third party universal remote that handles Blue Tooth or something like Zigbee knows that these new technologies aren't necessarily the bee's knees.

The 5xx series are all UHF. They shouldn't be impacted by the type of TV lighting used.

UHF can be negatively impacted by RF interference or poltergeists removing your remote antennas.

Specifically, what are your problems?

All of a sudden last week I was UNABLE to use the Dish remote unless the remote is less than a foot away. Prior to that you could be anywhere in the room and it worked and I was NOT using the UHF antennas. I put them on and they work all too well. Remote downstairs controls the DVR upstairs.

My OTHER problem started happening around the same time was my DVR does NOT respond to IR Blaster cable from Slingbox Classic. The ONLY change I made was I replaced a D-LINK DIR-655 w a 825 (Dual Band N). The DVR responds intermittently or I have to double click to get the command to work. I can't do 2 digit or higher channels

I put them on and they work all too well. Remote downstairs controls the DVR upstairs.
This stems from a failure on the part of the person who set you up to assign different codes to the two DVRs.
My OTHER problem started happening around the same time was my DVR does NOT respond to IR Blaster cable from Slingbox Classic.
This can happen because the RF side of things is confusing the receiver.
The ONLY change I made was I replaced a D-LINK DIR-655 w a 825 (Dual Band N). The DVR responds intermittently or I have to double click to get the command to work.
Hmmm. You add something that spews two bands of RF signals all over the house and then you wonder why another RF device is giving you fits...

It is likely that you're going to need to step up and do a proper remote control installation on your DVRs so that they aren't confused by all of the RF interference you've inserted into your environment. Remember that high frequencies are often multiples of lower frequencies and they can interfere.

IIRC, some routers allow you to change the radio frequencies to escape problems like this.

Another 722k problem.. 3 times a week out of nowhere the remotes and the front panel just stop working. The only fix can be done is a reset. Bad recver or software problem?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts