722k TV2 output cable

Jose313

Original poster
Dec 17, 2009
Michigan
What cable do most installers use for the TV2 . Is it mostly just a Coaxial(RF) Cable or Composite(RCA) because my dish installer used a Coaxial cable and i am getting a little fuzy picture similar to watching analog over the air tv.

I've already tried

TV2 Out

ch.73 Cable ch.80 cable ch.116 cable

and various channels in air.

still get slight fuzzy picture

so could i use composite they sell 50ft rcas for $10 on ebay but want to know is it rare to use composite on TV2 .

You can try either cable or switch your modulater to an ota channel . I have a trailer and a 722k in my living room and I ran a coax from the coax output of the 722k to a splitter in the back of my trailer to a splitter that runs coaxes all to the other rooms in my house. I can see the ouput jut fine in the other three rooms I have a tv in. Mine is set for cable channels 74 tv 1 and 76 tv2.

It would be very rare for an installer to use anything other than coax. But you can hook it up via RCA Composite if you wish to.. In most cases the coax works just fine. In a few cases where the customers TV has a weak tuner it creates problems.. As long as the cable, splitters/barrels are good there should be no fuzzy pictures unless your TV has issues.

Try several other ota channels. It took several attempts to find a clear channel on our 622. Not sure why the interference but we ended up with TV1 on 23 and TV2 on 52 with a nice clear signal.

If the TV your TV2 tuner is connected to is a HDTV it's never gonna be a clear, sharp picture like you see with a component or HDMI connection from TV1--especially on HD channels. Unless--you hook up your 2nd TV to TV1's tuner via a long HDMI cable and the 1st TV via component or vice versa. Another way would be to use HDMI for both TVs with a powered HDMI splitter. Both TVs could only view the same thing at the same time on TV1 but you could use TV2's coax when you had to for viewing separate programming.
monoprice.com is the place to go for HDMI cables and a powered HDMI splitter.

Ed

Composite of reasonable length should be better than RF coax. The RF allocates all information above 4.5MHz (?) to sound. Actually it cannot go above the margin of the color signal at 3.57MHz (?) single-sideband whereas composite can use all that for picture information because the audio is on the red and white cables. S-video (only on TV-1) splits the composite information into luminance (B/W) and chroma (color), IIRC, instead adding them in quadrature. Thus potentially twice the bandwidth.
-Ken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts