722K loosing signal in high winds

Stephen J

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 9, 2009
Ohio
I live in NE OH. We are experiencing high winds today.

I keep loosing the signal, however; if I press the guide button the signal returns. It is happening on all channels, and while I am watching something on the DVR.

I have a 722K with 2 dishes, one for 110 and 119 and another for 61.5

Why does this keep happening?

Why does it affect DVR playback?

Is their something I can do about it?

The dishes have a clear shot at the sky, so it is not like trees are being blowen into their path.

The signal streangth is normal when I check it.

Thanks.

OTA?

I live in NE OH. We are experiencing high winds today.

I keep loosing the signal, however; if I press the guide button the signal returns. It is happening on all channels, and while I am watching something on the DVR.

I have a 722K with 2 dishes, one for 110 and 119 and another for 61.5

Why does this keep happening?

Why does it affect DVR playback?

Is their something I can do about it?

The dishes have a clear shot at the sky, so it is not like trees are being blowen into their path.

The signal streangth is normal when I check it.

Thanks.

Do you also have an OTA module?

I think the real question is: why is the functionality dependent on good OTA signal if you're not actually viewing the OTA at the time.

I think the real question is: why is the functionality dependent on good OTA signal if you're not actually viewing the OTA at the time.

The 722k is not dependent on receiving a Locked OTA Signal UNLESS, the receiver is recording from an OTA source or the second tuner is tuned to an OTA station. If a receiver is not recording an OTA source or the second tuner is not tuned to an OTA source you will not get the cutting out that you describe.

Like others have said, the problem is not the OTA tuner in your 722k, more likely a poor signal or multipath is affecting your OTA reception. The only way to fix the problem completely is to get a Better antenna, re-point your antenna and or use a Preamp on your OTA feed. The High winds are likely affecting Trees in your vicinity which are blocking the signal or causing Multipath, or the Wind is causing you antenna to oscillate which can also cause signal reception problems.

John

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)