77 on 1k4

Rv Sam

Original poster
Nov 13, 2010
detroit
Hi ALL. First post but have been reading, following and Learning from you all for a long time, THANKS. Now I'm stuck. Just installed a new 1K4 on a 722.. 61.5 is ok at app 60%. 72.7 locks in ok even at a low 26% !.. Ran check switch and they show on both inputs in the proper locations, But, no 77 showing. Tried to peak a little but I do not have much working room with 72.7 as low as it is. Any ideas where 77 is hiding ? Thanks...

You are supposed to peak on 72, not 61.5. Since 72 is dead center, once you get it coming in really well, 77 (being so close) will almost certainly be good also. Then adjust the skew for 61.5. At least that's what I learned while staying in a Holiday Inn last night. ;)

I did peak on 72.7 and thats the best strength I can get from it. Had the other 2 covered at the time. This is why I was surprized when I ran check switch and 61.5 was as high as it was. Like you said, 77 should be right there with 72.7 !

Someone with actual experience will have to chime in here. But I'm suspicious of that LNB/switch assembly. Your SS on 72 should be double what you're seeing, and comparable to 61.5. At least mine are. Is your 1k4 new?

You have to use the azimuth cam and adjust it either 3 degrees to the left or the right or in the middle to to get the best signal on both 72.7 and 77. There is a sweet spot where you can get both. If you have the directions you need to follow them closely on how to do this. I get signals between 40 - 50 on 77 sat and between 60- 70 on 72.7 sat. The 61.5 sat still comes in between 40 - 70.

Guess I should forget 77 for now and tune in on getting 72.7 stronger. Sounds like 77 will pop in if I can do that. What has me confused is the strength of 61.5... I'll keeep you posted guys, thanks.

Update

Tried to re peak 72.7 by moving at little to the West and a little to the East, little up and down, can not get stronger then what I have . I'll call in an installer tomorrow to see what he can do.

If you've already done this, then please disregard, but, and this is VERY important, you must run a check switch and save with NO coax connected to the receiver, then connect the coax and run check switch and save.

I always peak on 61.5/14. From there I scroll through the 72 on my super sat buddy. Generally there's not much more to adjust if my 61.5/14 is peaked.

Is your skew adjusted properly?

Hi ALL. First post but have been reading, following and Learning from you all for a long time, THANKS. Now I'm stuck. Just installed a new 1K4 on a 722.. 61.5 is ok at app 60%. 72.7 locks in ok even at a low 26% !.. Ran check switch and they show on both inputs in the proper locations, But, no 77 showing. Tried to peak a little but I do not have much working room with 72.7 as low as it is. Any ideas where 77 is hiding ? Thanks...
Mast plumb? No obstructions of any kind in the line of sight?

I always peak on 61.5/14. From there I scroll through the 72 on my super sat buddy. Generally there's not much more to adjust if my 61.5/14 is peaked.

Is your skew adjusted properly?
same here..I then checked my strengths on the other birds.
I doubt the OP has a SSB..That makes peaking a point four rather a challenge.

Had the installer out today and after 3 hrs he thinks the reflector is out of form. As in bent ! ??? He is getting a new one and returning in a few days. Good news is he bent it in such a way to get at 3 sats light up but because of the "out of shape" reflector it is impossible to get the 2 outside ( 61.5 & 77 ) to have a strong reading. AT least I'm seeing the 3 birds now. Hoping for no rain / snow for a while . ( fading ) I'll post the final results guys.

Just wondering...

What kind of installer doesn't have dishes on the truck? And why did it take him 3 hours to figure out it was bent?

I wasnt gonna say it....but yeah. And if they did run out, a colleague cant meet him with one? -and it takes a few days to get back? Yeah...something fishy for sure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)