771 and 775 Error

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Gary Z

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 27, 2005
Seguin, Texas
Had DirecTV installed by a DirecTV contractor in Nov, 2012 worked great until the first week of March 2013. Now I get 771 and 775 Error at random times of the day-- resetting does no good-- it comes back on when it decides to-call DirecTV on March 18-- Tech comes out on March 21 checks all the connections and they are good, all signal levels are 95-100--he sees the SWiM switch is an older type not used and more-- says the contractor should not have used it--so he replaces it-- nice guy gives me a free month of protection plan, ok all works great until noon central time 771 and 775 Error again.

I guess I need to call DirecTV again-- this is getting frustrating--want to watch a show and the screen goes black.

I installed my FTA system a few years ago and it is working flawlessly.

If you are getting a 775 error, that means you are losing communication with the dish, or more specifically the lnb. Can you do a voltage check at the dish? You should be getting something close to 21 volts there. If you are, then it's most likely a bad lnb. Check to be sure the power inserter is connected and plugged in. If it's in a power strip, move it to a wall outlet.

If you are getting a 775 error, that means you are losing communication with the dish, or more specifically the lnb. Can you do a voltage check at the dish? You should be getting something close to 21 volts there. If you are, then it's most likely a bad lnb. Check to be sure the power inserter is connected and plugged in. If it's in a power strip, move it to a wall outlet.

I don't have a way of checking voltage check-- the power inserter was on a power strip-- moved to a wall outlet will see what happens.

You don't have a VOM? I thought every guy was given one at birth! :)

Just spoke with DirecTV they are going to schedule another Tech to come out-- thought the Tech was nice when he gave a free month of the protection plan--after talking to the rep turns out he had me sign up for the premier protection plan --the rascal never told me it was the premier plan--hope it is the same Tech who shows up-- I am going to let him know that he should be honest and let people know they are signing up for the "premier protection plan" when he offers them a "free month" of the "protection plan" and yes I should have read it but the it was on one of those things where you sign your name electronically--and I all saw was a big space where the signature goes.

I have a Genie with a SWM 16. All of my receivers besides the Genie do not have the 771 or 775 errors. I have noticed during the Solar Conjunction season upon us right now, my Genie can and does lockup sometimes during a Conjunction even when the Conjunction is over the Genie doesn't "Communicate" my my Dish/SWM 16. A reset fixes it.

John

I have a Genie with a SWM 16. All of my receivers besides the Genie do not have the 771 or 775 errors. I have noticed during the Solar Conjunction season upon us right now, my Genie can and does lockup sometimes during a Conjunction even when the Conjunction is over the Genie doesn't "Communicate" my my Dish/SWM 16. A reset fixes it.

John

That is what I thought at first also--then I noticed it after dark also.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)