771 error message on only Local HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jga47

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 20, 2009
St Augustine, FL
I have been getting on occasion a 771 error message ever since the digital transition on just the local HD (4) network channels. It comes and goes. It is not just me but other people I have asked. Signal strength is in the 90's and the sky is clear. I have had 3 levels of techs come out and none can figure it out. The last test replace the LNB and connectors at the dish and the SWM power supply. That was last week and today it started again.

ZIP: 32086 St Augustine, FL
HR23-700
HR21-700
3 D-12-300's

I have been getting on occasion a 771 error message ever since the digital transition on just the local HD (4) network channels. It comes and goes. It is not just me but other people I have asked. Signal strength is in the 90's and the sky is clear. I have had 3 levels of techs come out and none can figure it out. The last test replace the LNB and connectors at the dish and the SWM power supply. That was last week and today it started again.

ZIP: 32086 St Augustine, FL
HR23-700
HR21-700
3 D-12-300's
I had a similar problem with HD signals from sat 99. After much research I found that even with high sat numbers on most of the satellites the problem was with the dish alignment. With just a very small adjustment to the elevation and azmith (about one turn or two turns on the adjustment nuts) I got a marginal increase in the sat numbers on 99c and the problem was solved. So I would suggest you realign your dish even though your sat numbers seem okay.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)