771 Error (Only on some channels)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

thezamboni

Original poster
Apr 17, 2014
SE USA
My setup is a Slimline-3S (SWM) with a H24-100 receiver. This is the only receiver I have hooked up to the satellite. Recently, I've been getting a 771 error, but only on some channels. Two channels I've tried to watch but am unable to are 220 (NBCSN) and 355 (MSNBC).

Here are some pics from my dish settings:
IMG-20140417-00328.jpg

IMG-20140417-00332 (1).jpg

Any idea as to what the problem could be? Thanks in advance.

Retest your signal strength, change the 101 degree setting to the 103 a band and test again. Probably low signal strength

Have you checked the 103 A-Band test channels to see if you get SFSS on 9508/9509? If it says "Correct HD Dish Set-Up" you're fine there. If you can't get to those channels, make sure your favorites list is set to "all channels".Also, make sure you don't have a B-Band converter pigtailed onto the back of your receiver.

Check your cables, make sure none of them have come loose or been damaged by children or pets or the like.Reset your receiver using the red button located next to your access card. Find your SWM ODU only Power Inserter (usually located connected to the coax in on the main receiver) and make sure it hasn't been disconnected from the power cable OR the coaxial cables.Check the coax cables on the PI and make sure they're finger tight, no need to bust out the tools. Check to make sure the green power light is still lit, not blinking. If it is, power cycle it.Reset your receiver again.

:welcome to Satelliteguys thezamboni!

NBCSN is on 99c transponder 13, and MSNBC is on 99c transponder 4. If you really meant 355 which is CNBC, that is the same as MSNBC.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts