771 Errors on Many Channels

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

DaMavs

Original poster
Apr 6, 2010
NE OH
I went out of town and came back to find all my HD locals returning the 771 error along with several other HD channels like USA, the NIKs etc. ESPN still works along with a few others.

Anyway this error seemed to occur at the same time that the 70's channels disappeared which made me think that a satellite update occurred and things may have changed. Did something change when the HD MPEG-2's went away? Or is it just a coincidence?

The locals in question are for Cleveland. When I called DirecTV last night they scheduled an appointment for next Saturday and claimed the dish needed a new alignment. Given everything worked prior to Thursday and the dish didn't shift, this didn't make a ton of sense to me, but...

Any suggestions on how I can bring back my HD prior to Saturday?

I'm betting your dish (or something supporting it) did indeed shift.

It is also possible that you've got a failing LNB. I think I read where Cleveland comes from D10 at 103W.

Yes, they did try resending the signal. I expected that to fix it, but no such luck.

The dish is a roof mount on my garage & when I went up there last night everything seemed stable & I'm fairly confident the garage itself didn't shift. And it's not like we've had bad weather lately - when we had a foot of snow sitting on the dish, I could have seen it shifting then, but not now.

We have had warm weather lately which may support the failing LNB theory as I'd presume big temperature changes would be more likely to trigger a failure there.

Thanks for the thoughts...

I went out of town and came back to find all my HD locals returning the 771 error along with several other HD channels like USA, the NIKs etc. ESPN still works along with a few others.

Anyway this error seemed to occur at the same time that the 70's channels disappeared which made me think that a satellite update occurred and things may have changed. Did something change when the HD MPEG-2's went away? Or is it just a coincidence?

The locals in question are for Cleveland. When I called DirecTV last night they scheduled an appointment for next Saturday and claimed the dish needed a new alignment. Given everything worked prior to Thursday and the dish didn't shift, this didn't make a ton of sense to me, but...

Any suggestions on how I can bring back my HD prior to Saturday?

Please post your signal levels on all of the satellites and transponders.

101 is 95 to 100 for all Transponders except 26 which is 0.
110 is 95 on 8, 96 on 10 & 95 on 12 - all others are N/A.
119 is N/A until 22 where it goes 98-97-100-69-100-97-99-35-100-28-100.
99(c) is 83 to 96 thru 14 and then N/A.
99(s) looks to be a problem - starting with1 it's 37-83-28-26-58-15 then N/A's thru 14 and 15 thru 24 are just showing as "--". 1-8 started that way but slowly filled in. 15 & 16 finally filled as a 0.
103(s) is also not good - 0's slowly fill 1-6 and 15-24 with N/A on the rest.
103(ca & cb) are a similar story - all 0's if they're not N/A.

If Cleveland local's are on 103 that would seemingly explain the lack of signal - although I'm still wondering what triggered it...

I agree with Harsh :eek: you have a failing lnb or need an alignment.

Thanks for the feedback.

I presume there's no way to test for a failing LNB w/o the proper equipment?

Should be interesting what the service call yields - unfortunately I had to push it back to Monday due to an unforeseen conflict. Glad I left the local antenna up so we at least have a backup for the network shows at least...

Just a followup - you guys were correct in the failing LNB notice. The tech ending up having to pull the satellite (one of the original 5 LNB HD ones) and put in the latest unit, but all is working now.

Thanks for the quality feedback...

Just a followup - you guys were correct in the failing LNB notice. The tech ending up having to pull the satellite (one of the original 5 LNB HD ones) and put in the latest unit, but all is working now.

Thanks for the quality feedback...

Ah, you had the old "sidecar" type dish. Many have had issues with them. Mine is still working, but I have a SWM that I have yet to install.

sorry I got to this thread so late, but I am glad you got it worked out, the signal that our HD channels come off of is the 99c sat for cleveland HD Locals...if you have problems you will know to go to that satellite in the future! glad you got it worked out, enjoy your directv system!!

sorry I got to this thread so late, but I am glad you got it worked out, the signal that our HD channels come off of is the 99c sat for cleveland HD Locals...if you have problems you will know to go to that satellite in the future! glad you got it worked out, enjoy your directv system!!
No, the Cleveland HD locals are not on 99c. 99c only shows CONUS (national) channels, HD locals come from spotbeams which show up on the 99s and 103s screens. Cleveland HD locals are from the 103 slot and appear on the 103s signal strength screen.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts