HARDWARE

HR24/500 PVR
HR24
SWiMLINE Dish
Single LNB
RG6 COAX
SWiM MULti SWITCH

Problem

Main rec works fine,2nd rec error 775.I have checked all coax/connections,replaced switch,solid ngreen on power inserter.I have unplugged swim from wall and plugged back in,powered main rec then 2nd rec.Two non used ports 3,4 are terminated,SWIM POWER RUNS TO RED INPUT ON SWITCH,POWER OUT TO IRD.I HAVE TRIED PRETTY MUCH EVERYTHING I'VE READ HERE BUt 2nd rec still Goes 775,swm not detected.sETUP MENU INDICSAtes TUNER 1 97% TUNER 2 96%.

Further assistance appreciated,upper/lower case due to hand tREMORS

Holy crap, this is your first post in almost seven years? :)

I assume you are using a splitter inside and not a switch, yes? Have you tried swapping the cables at the splitter to see if the error follows the cable?

I LOST TRACK OF THIS SITE ...............THERE IS A SWITCH AT THE DISH,LNB TO SWITCH INPUT,RED OUTPUT TO SWIM IN HOUSE,SWM TO IRD (MAIN REC)...PORT 2 FROM OUTSIDE SWITCH RUNS IN HOUSE TO REC WITH 775,TWO REMAINING SWITCH PORTS TERMINATED.I HAVE A SPARE SWM INVERTER,BUT IT ONLY HAS ONE PORT?

Again, what you are calling a switch is a splitter. Again, have you tried swapping cables at the splitter? You will have to move the power inserter when you do to keep it on the power passing port of the splitter. You could also try one of the unused ports, just be sure to keep the power inserter on the power passing port.

I HAVE SWAPPED CABLES/REC TO A THIRD RUN TO A BEDROOM.NO LUCK.................THANKS ANYWAY

If you haven't tried a different port, I would. It seems you have eliminated a bad cable, so maybe it's a bad port on the splitter.

Absolutely correct,I had swapped to a new splitter already,however,it turned out to be defective.I put another new one on and presto.Thanks for your help raoul and others.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)