8/20/2009 2:14am - Uplink Activity Report - 13 changes

D

DigiDish Uplink Report

Original poster
SatelliteGuys.US DishNetwork Uplink Activity Report - 8/20/2009 2:14am - 13 changes

Uplink Comparison Range: 08/20/2009 01:59A - 08/20/2009 02:13A

Channel Removals:
7091 - WSBT (A) (H) removed from Echostar12 61.5W TP 05 Spotbeam 11(South Bend, IN-CBS)
7220 - KSPR (A) (H) removed from EchoStar8 77W TP 17 ConUS beam(Springfield, MO-ABC)
7222 - KYTV (A) (H) removed from EchoStar8 77W TP 17 ConUS beam(Springfield, MO-NBC)

Channel Moves:
7536 - WFUM [MPEG2 SD] moved from EchoStar10 110W TP 12 Spotbeam 13 to EchoStar10 110W TP 20 Spotbeam 13 (A) (H)(Flint, MI-PBS)
7082 - WBME [MPEG2 SD] moved from EchoStar10 110W TP 23 Spotbeam 23 to EchoStar10 110W TP 04 Spotbeam 18 (A) (H)(Racine, WI-SHOP)
374 - FTV [MPEG4 HD] moved from EchoStar3 61.5W TP 20 ConUS beam to EchoStar3 61.5W TP 31 ConUS beam (A)
980 - CD 31 [MPEG AUDIO] moved from EchoStar7 119W TP 13 ConUS beam to EchoStar7 119W TP 06 ConUS beam (A)
4271 - FTV [MPEG4 HD] moved from EchoStar3 61.5W TP 20 ConUS beam to EchoStar3 61.5W TP 31 ConUS beam (A) (H)
5304 - FTV [MPEG4 HD] moved from EchoStar3 61.5W TP 20 ConUS beam to EchoStar3 61.5W TP 31 ConUS beam (A) (H)
5982 - HDSKD [MPEG4 HD] moved from EchoStar3 61.5W TP 31 ConUS beam to EchoStar3 61.5W TP 20 ConUS beam (NA)

Channel Package Flag Changes:
5191(22) - WSBT [MPEG4 HD] - Echostar12 61.5W TP 05 Spotbeam 11 changed to Available (H)(South Bend, IN-CBS)
5200(33) - KSPR [MPEG4 HD] - EchoStar8 77W TP 17 ConUS beam changed to Available (H)(Springfield, MO-ABC)
5202(3) - KYTV [MPEG4 HD] - EchoStar8 77W TP 17 ConUS beam changed to Available (H)(Springfield, MO-NBC)

Channels in the system: 6627
(A) = Available to subscribers
(NA) = Not Available
(H) = Hidden from non-subscribers

5200(33) - KSPR [MPEG4 HD] - EchoStar8 77W TP 17 ConUS beam changed to Available (H)(Springfield, MO-ABC)
5202(3) - KYTV [MPEG4 HD] - EchoStar8 77W TP 17 ConUS beam changed to Available (H)(Springfield, MO-NBC)

These were available yesterday. I had to play CSR roulette because the first CSR said they were not available yet and no date for them! Even though Dish listed them on their website as available. I didnt actually get them until this morning because storms knocked out all of my locals last night. Look good and I'm happy.

These were available yesterday. I had to play CSR roulette because the first CSR said they were not available yet and no date for them! Even though Dish listed them on their website as available. I didnt actually get them until this morning because storms knocked out all of my locals last night. Look good and I'm happy.

Actually they weren't available until this morning.

Did Dish not carry any Springfield, MO locals before this morning? If they did and you had the locals already, then no calling was needed. And it isn't uncommon for CSR's not to know until Thursday about the channels that appear on Wednesday.

digi...need to make a correction

7082 - WBME [MPEG2 SD] moved from EchoStar10 110W TP 23 Spotbeam 23 to EchoStar10 110W TP 04 Spotbeam 18 (A) (H)(Racine, WI-SHOP)

is actually "MeTV" (like the Chicago channel) or I guess an Independent...it isnt a shopping network :)

Actually they weren't available until this morning.

Did Dish not carry any Springfield, MO locals before this morning? If they did and you had the locals already, then no calling was needed. And it isn't uncommon for CSR's not to know until Thursday about the channels that appear on Wednesday.

They did, this was a contract dispute that got settled.

Yay

They did, this was a contract dispute that got settled.

Yay

Ahh..then no calling was necessary for these channels since everyone with this DMA's HD locals to begin with would automatically see the channels in their guide as of this report this morning. No rehits, no calls, etc.

Ahh..then no calling was necessary for these channels since everyone with this DMA's HD locals to begin with would automatically see the channels in their guide as of this report this morning. No rehits, no calls, etc.
We had the other 2 Springfield channels in HD. But, the 2 new were available yesterday. Friends in Springfield were watching Americas Got Talent in HD. When I contacted them, they had to rehit my receiver, and a lot of others, because we had a series of violent storms roll thru and it had knocked the locals out here. I'm just telling you what they said. I'm not trying to contradict you, but they were listed as available on dishnetwork.com yesterday.

We had the other 2 Springfield channels in HD. But, the 2 new were available yesterday. Friends in Springfield were watching Americas Got Talent in HD. When I contacted them, they had to rehit my receiver, and a lot of others, because we had a series of violent storms roll thru and it had knocked the locals out here. I'm just telling you what they said. I'm not trying to contradict you, but they were listed as available on dishnetwork.com yesterday.

Yeah, that's normal. They will usually update the website on Wednesday AM. Uplink hits Wednesday at lunch and the channels become available at that time. CSRs don't get updated lists until Thursday AM.

Not sure why you need a rehit, that's a weird one, usually the channels are in the same "tier". Not sure about these specific ones. When they pull it from available they change the tier it is in. When the dispute is over it goes back in the same tier as the other HD locals. And since you already have the authorization for that tier it pops up in your guide.

Yeah, that's normal. They will usually update the website on Wednesday AM. Uplink hits Wednesday at lunch and the channels become available at that time. CSRs don't get updated lists until Thursday AM.

Not sure why you need a rehit, that's a weird one, usually the channels are in the same "tier". Not sure about these specific ones. When they pull it from available they change the tier it is in. When the dispute is over it goes back in the same tier as the other HD locals. And since you already have the authorization for that tier it pops up in your guide.
You got me, I cant watch them now. My sat keeps losing signal for the locals only. The tech says water has gotten in the cables, but the cables are really tight. I say its the new software update last night.

According to KYTV, there was never a dispute. It had to do with Dish not renewing a contract until the old agreement expired. I've emailed KYTV everyday since February when the others became available. Bet I dont get a Christmas card from them this year!

5982 - HDSKD [MPEG4 HD] moved from EchoStar3 61.5W TP 31 ConUS beam to EchoStar3 61.5W TP 20 ConUS beam (NA)

woohoo, more HD capacity for part-time RSNs