8 New HD channels coming in March / Channels moving to SDV

Looking at it now it does seem to be right.

9.995 for the first box. 9.95 for second + 6.95 extra for second. So like I said first box is cheaper then second box. First box 10bucks second box 17bucks. They must of just broke it down for ya on your bill to reflect that.

Looking at it now it does seem to be right.

9.995 for the first box. 9.95 for second + 6.95 extra for second. So like I said first box is cheaper then second box. First box 10bucks second box 17bucks. They must of just broke it down for ya on your bill to reflect that.

no, i think the first box was 17 and the second 10, if my memory is correct.

I think your memory is incorrect. Its been that way for a long time. Even for non-DVR boxes. Its the same way with The big sat companies to.

why would you pay more for the second? i'm not going to argue but i believe my memory to be correct. you don't pay the digital fee with the second box.

i own one of my 2 dtv dvr's. i pay a $5 lease fee for the second box not the first. the first doesn't have a fee other than the upgrade fee you intially pay.

why would you pay more for the second? i'm not going to argue but i believe my memory to be correct. you don't pay the digital fee with the second box.

i own one of my 2 dtv dvr's. i pay a $5 lease fee for the second box not the first. the first doesn't have a fee other than the upgrade fee you intially pay.

You pay 5$ on the second box not the first with DTV. Which is exactly what happens with BHN.

The second box costs more. Why? Because as I said above the cost of the first box is subsidized by your cable/programming package.

With BHN if you buy a "digital combo" you get 1 box "free" where its included in the price of the package then your extra boxes cost more. If you choose a DVR as your "first" box then you will pay the difference between the DVR and the non-dvr to get the package price.

that might be the case now but it wasn't in 2005.

i have an hd dvr (for the time being). i am going to double check my bill but i believe i am being charged 9.95 for it and not the difference between the ``free'' hd receiver and the hd dvr.

i just got my new bill today and it clearly states 9.95 for hd dvr service. plus, i just had to call billing about some other problem, i mentioned the above info to her and she is really curious where you are getting your info from.

Last edited:
Why is it so hard to determine and to understand BHN pricing?

Is it intentional, or just convenient that nobody can figure it out?

Why is it so hard to determine and to understand BHN pricing?

Is it intentional, or just convenient that nobody can figure it out?

i don't have a problem and the bhn csr i spoke with earlier today agreed i don't have a problem. but if it makes you feel better, blame it on all the prescription meds i take!

that might be the case now but it wasn't in 2005.

i have an hd dvr (for the time being). i am going to double check my bill but i believe i am being charged 9.95 for it and not the difference between the ``free'' hd receiver and the hd dvr.

i just got my new bill today and it clearly states 9.95 for hd dvr service. plus, i just had to call billing about some other problem, i mentioned the above info to her and she is really curious where you are getting your info from.

I did not say you were being charged a difference. I said you will be charged more for the second one vs the first one. The reason I mentioned difference was to show why. The CSR clearly does not understand how the business works if she does not know the basic principal of recouping costs of equipment.

iceturkey, you misunderstood. What I said was not directed at you by any means.

It was a comment on the fact that BHN makes its pricings obtuse--and I was wondering if that was intentional...that they don't =want= anybody to be able to understand it.

iceturkey, you misunderstood. What I said was not directed at you by any means.

It was a comment on the fact that BHN makes its pricings obtuse--and I was wondering if that was intentional...that they don't =want= anybody to be able to understand it.

i didn't misunderstand, i was getting my digs in. but enough of this before i say something i will regret.

I have seen one tv with a CC slot. There a pain, you have to rent the CC anyways. Your better off just getting a cable box from the cable company, pay a few extra per month and have a million less headaches. Even the tuning adapters are a pain in the neck. Once your free year of the tuning adapter is up, you are paying the 4 bucks a month PER tuning adapter and I believe its about another 4 bucks for the cable card. If the DVR ever breaks, BHN is responsible to replace it whereas if you bought your own, your responsible.. I agree the TIVO units are a bit better but to me its not worth paying that much extra for

disagree tim tim, i'd much rather have tivo over the bhn hd dvr box. plus, i can download other things to my tivo box than the bhn box.