This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

811/265 Remote problem.

Craig Henrikson said:
Let's see if yours did reset. Several people have reported that there was not a problem - they did not have a reset. Although, Dish told me there was a software problem - but if I am the only one then I think I need a new 811

Craig

My remote was/is set to address 3. No change. However, I did not test to see if I could reset it. I can now see 148 and the acquiring signal message no longer displays when I first turn it on. Can see no difference in the DVI output. The Arctic special on Discovery HD last night looked stunning :shocked

NightRyder

Hey -- I fixed it!! I tried resetting the address using a blue button IR remote. The first couple of times - nada. Then suddenly it let me reassign to 5. I tried 2 - no go. Tried 3 and it reset. Tried 2 again and it finally worked properly. Reassigns properly with the silver RF remote as well.

Please explain

Craig

The blue button remote sends out both UHF and IR. The blue button uses a different UHF signal than the 811, so, the difference seems to be that you can change addresses with the IR signal, but not with the UHF-Pro on the 811. Most interesting.....

My remote was set to 9 before the update and is unchanged after the update.