811/265 Remote problem.

Craig Henrikson said:
Let's see if yours did reset. Several people have reported that there was not a problem - they did not have a reset. Although, Dish told me there was a software problem - but if I am the only one then I think I need a new 811 :confused:

Craig

My remote was/is set to address 3. No change. However, I did not test to see if I could reset it. I can now see 148 and the acquiring signal message no longer displays when I first turn it on. Can see no difference in the DVI output. The Arctic special on Discovery HD last night looked stunning :shocked

NightRyder

Hey -- I fixed it!! I tried resetting the address using a blue button IR remote. The first couple of times - nada. Then suddenly it let me reassign to 5. I tried 2 - no go. Tried 3 and it reset. Tried 2 again and it finally worked properly. Reassigns properly with the silver RF remote as well.

Please explain :confused:

Craig

Craig Henrikson said:
Hey -- I fixed it!! I tried resetting the address using a blue button IR remote. The first couple of times - nada. Then suddenly it let me reassign to 5. I tried 2 - no go. Tried 3 and it reset. Tried 2 again and it finally worked properly. Reassigns properly with the silver RF remote as well.

Please explain :confused:

Craig

The blue button remote sends out both UHF and IR. The blue button uses a different UHF signal than the 811, so, the difference seems to be that you can change addresses with the IR signal, but not with the UHF-Pro on the 811. Most interesting.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts