811 & 522 hooked up

lurch

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 1, 2003
Buffalo,New york
Well last night the installer was here til godamn 12:30am!!!! It was the first time he setup these 2 receivers so we were learning together.The 811 looks amazing on hd channells,it even brought in a couple of local digital stations with just a cheap rabbit ear!!But,the sd channels are all 4x3 and you cant change this.My tv wont let me change while on component either,Just on s vid.I dont have an optical cable yet so its just on stereo for now.
The 522 is good,but I dont like the fact that you cant switch to single output mode yet.Hopefully this will be fixed soon. I have the 522 hooked into the 811 so it upconverts,looks alright.you can hook both tuners from 522 to the inputs on 811,so all you have to do is change channels on 811 to see both tuners ( if that makes sense!).
I will be happy to answer anything that I havent coverd to the best of my abilities.I wish there was more hd channels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lurch said:
I have the 522 hooked into the 811 so it upconverts,looks alright.you can hook both tuners from 522 to the inputs on 811,so all you have to do is change channels on 811 to see both tuners ( if that makes sense!).

Did you use S-Video cable from your 522 to your 811? Is the PQ better with it converted through your 811?

lkstaack said:
lurch said:
I have the 522 hooked into the 811 so it upconverts,looks alright.you can hook both tuners from 522 to the inputs on 811,so all you have to do is change channels on 811 to see both tuners ( if that makes sense!).

Did you use S-Video cable from your 522 to your 811? Is the PQ better with it converted through your 811?

The 811 does not have svideo inputs, only 2 sets of RCA inputs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts