811 and current customer

RedHat39

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Since the news of the 6 month free HD is now for new customers only does anyone know what it would cost for a current customer to get the 811 receiver? I tried to check it from their website in my account -> equipment upgrades and it lists $399 w/o antenna and $449 with antenna but said I'd have to call to order it. Is this really the price to get an 811 for current customers?

The link on your account page just takes you to the details of the receivers... there's big text that says CALL FOR INFORMATION.... then ask about the "dishin it up promo"

Then I think it's $5 a month (there may be a commitment period).

Ask them, then post back?

Screw DishNetwork :mad: Your only eligible for the Dish in it up promotion if you have been with them longer than a year. I am at 9 months so I am not eligible. :mad:

So you have to be a customer for a full year to get the Dish 'N' it up promo. Well thats no good for me since I've only been with them for less than 2 months now. I think I'll call them just to see what they would offer. I'll post back the results.

Well just got off of the phone with them. The CSR said that I didn't qualify for the D'N'Up promo because I've been with them less than a year. No surprise there. Since I'm a current customer I couldn't qualify for the free 811 and 6 months of HD programming. No surprise there either.

The only option she gave me was to buy the 811 outright at $399 + shipping ($413.95 total) with no commitment to take the HD package.

Oh well now we all know.

First post here.

I am sure this only applies to customers of over a year. I have been a customer for 4y 2m. I called this morning to cancel my account. I explained it was because they required me to pay $399 to get HD but would give it to a new customer free. DirectTV was $299. When I was sent back to the cancelation department they offered to install an 811 for $50 with no contract. The catch, I don't own the HD reciever, I am leasing it by getting the HD package. If I terminate the HD package I must return the reciever. No big deal there. I think I prefer keeping a minimum programming package and lease the equipment then to own it.

Welcome aboard, Charlie!

Yeah, lots of folks argue about lease vs. own. All things considered, I'd rather lease - but not being able to offload my DVRs digitally means I'd rather own them, just so I can catch up on what I haven't seen. That may not be a big deal to most folks, but I've got stuff in my 921 going all the way back to the day I got it. :)

Dishin it up vs. lease

I'm confused. Is the Dishin it up program different than a lease? I have been a Dish customer with 811 for 8 months(free with 1 year commitment). I'm looking to get a second 811 soon, but I don't want to buy it. What are my options and costs? Thanks for any help.

JimMcC said:
I'm confused. Is the Dishin it up program different than a lease? I have been a Dish customer with 811 for 8 months(free with 1 year commitment). I'm looking to get a second 811 soon, but I don't want to buy it. What are my options and costs? Thanks for any help.

Since you said that your first 811 was w/ a committment, this may not apply. I got mine thru the DHA...and 811 and a 322. I looked into leasing a second 811 on the acct, and E* would not let me...they said my only option to get a second 811 was to purchase one @ $400.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)