811 and DishNet 34" monitor

GSB0824

Original poster
Dec 28, 2004
Recently got the 811 and the Dish Networks 34" monitor. When I put the 811 in 1080 mode, I do not get color from the DVI interface on the monitor. I do get color on the S video connection. In 480 mode, everything works fine. Anyone know what is up with this? I called Dish Networks, and of course, they can't help me but send me a new box.

Ok, fixed the problem. The problem was that the HDTV monitor was in programming mode. After I got it out of this mode, everything worked fine.

GSB0824 said:
Ok, fixed the problem. The problem was that the HDTV monitor was in programming mode. After I got it out of this mode, everything worked fine.
How did it happen to be in programming mode ? I've had this monitor for a year and have never heard of it going into programming mode on it's own. Actually it's been a great little monitor for the price.

Walt

811 & 34" monitor from Dish Networks

I have no idea how it got into programming mode. All I know is that if you press the volume on the front panel for about 15 seconds, I was able to get out of programming mode. This tip came from a Thomas engineer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts