811 and dvd recorder hook up ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Mikec35

Original poster
Feb 12, 2006
I just hooked up a Toshiba D-VR4 dvd/vcr recorder to my 811 receiver. I can watch a disk or tape being played back through my dvd/vcr on the tv, but I cannot record anything from the satellite channels. Any advice on how to hook this thing up. I have audio/video cables run from the output on the 811 to the input on the dvd recorder. I then ran my component video cables out of the dvd recorder to my tv. Any help would be appreciated! Seems like I should be able to watch tv through the dvd recorder as well?

Thanks for the quick reply. I understand that the s-video will give me better picture quality, but will it solve my problem of the recorder not reciveing a signal from the receiver?

Try This

Try running the DVD/VCR into the tv using component cables since they will give you the best picture and a set of cables for the sound. Then attach composite cables to the monitor out on the back of your tv to the input on the back of the DVD/VCR combo.
I have 811 and a dvd/vcr recording combo as well and that set up works for me.

Shouldn't you be able to view channels on the satellite through the dvd recorder?
I tried line 1 and 2 inputs. I also tried channels 3 and 4, just like you would do with a vcr. I will try movieMark's suggestion in a little bit... thx for the replies!!

Last edited:
I finally had time to try this again. I have the output from the 811 going to the input on the dvd/vcr recorder and the output from the dvd/vcr recorder going to the tv. Recorder is set to line 1 input and all is good. Now, I can view tv as I am recording.. Is there a way to record 1 channel while watching another, or will I just have to watch the channel I am recording? Thx...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)