811 and hum with DVI Cable

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

MSUDVM

Original poster
Jan 25, 2004
I am a newbie with Dish Network and I am hooking up a new 811 to my 41" Sony Plasma TV. If I use the basic hook ups, the sound is fine. If I hook up the DVI cable instead I get a soft, constant humming from the TV speakers. It is so annoying, that I have gone back to a basic hook up which does not provide quite as crisp of a picture, but provides very clean sound. Any suggestions. I was using the Monster Cable DVI cable.

Dan

MSUDVM said:
I am a newbie with Dish Network and I am hooking up a new 811 to my 41" Sony Plasma TV. If I use the basic hook ups, the sound is fine. If I hook up the DVI cable instead I get a soft, constant humming from the TV speakers. It is so annoying, that I have gone back to a basic hook up which does not provide quite as crisp of a picture, but provides very clean sound. Any suggestions. I was using the Monster Cable DVI cable.

Dan

I had a similar problem but the sound was coming from my subwoofer. You might be getting some problems with the power supply. To fix mine I had to plug my subwoofer into a circuit that was different from the one to which I had the 811 plugged. Hope this helps.

With digital displays and equipment you need to have all of your power handled by a quality power center. I was amazed at the difference in PQ and other issues brought about by my adding a Monster HTS-3600 to control and clean all of my power. Yeah, it's pricey, but if you can afford the thousands for a widescreen DTV, a few hundred for clean power is money in the bank.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)