811 and hum with DVI Cable

MSUDVM

Original poster
Jan 25, 2004
I am a newbie with Dish Network and I am hooking up a new 811 to my 41" Sony Plasma TV. If I use the basic hook ups, the sound is fine. If I hook up the DVI cable instead I get a soft, constant humming from the TV speakers. It is so annoying, that I have gone back to a basic hook up which does not provide quite as crisp of a picture, but provides very clean sound. Any suggestions. I was using the Monster Cable DVI cable.

Dan

MSUDVM said:
I am a newbie with Dish Network and I am hooking up a new 811 to my 41" Sony Plasma TV. If I use the basic hook ups, the sound is fine. If I hook up the DVI cable instead I get a soft, constant humming from the TV speakers. It is so annoying, that I have gone back to a basic hook up which does not provide quite as crisp of a picture, but provides very clean sound. Any suggestions. I was using the Monster Cable DVI cable.

Dan

I had a similar problem but the sound was coming from my subwoofer. You might be getting some problems with the power supply. To fix mine I had to plug my subwoofer into a circuit that was different from the one to which I had the 811 plugged. Hope this helps.

With digital displays and equipment you need to have all of your power handled by a quality power center. I was amazed at the difference in PQ and other issues brought about by my adding a Monster HTS-3600 to control and clean all of my power. Yeah, it's pricey, but if you can afford the thousands for a widescreen DTV, a few hundred for clean power is money in the bank.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)