811 aspect ratio problem, fix with TV?

shellbmb

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 1, 2003
I am looking at the 811 and was wondering how much of a problem, if any, are the aspect ratio selections on the 811?

Also if they are problematic, can you just use your TV's ratios instead? I believe I read the "panorama" selection is not there on the 811. But I know most HDTV's have that selection. So could you just use that?

Just for the record, I rarely ever use them other than the defaul "normal" on my dish 6000. It would not be a problem for me.

My TV can adjust the aspect also. Sometimes an odd combination will produce good results.

Cyclone said:
Just for the record, I rarely ever use them other than the defaul "normal" on my dish 6000. It would not be a problem for me.

My TV can adjust the aspect also. Sometimes an odd combination will produce good results.

I wasn't aware of any HD sets that have multiple aspects for a 720 or 1080 signal. Which set do you have that does this?

When running the 811 through my DVI or Component inputs in 1080I, I can either use standard or HD expand. Of course, HD expand stretches the screen fom 4X3 to 16X9 with some distortion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)