811 aspect ratio problem, fix with TV?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

shellbmb

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 1, 2003
I am looking at the 811 and was wondering how much of a problem, if any, are the aspect ratio selections on the 811?

Also if they are problematic, can you just use your TV's ratios instead? I believe I read the "panorama" selection is not there on the 811. But I know most HDTV's have that selection. So could you just use that?

Just for the record, I rarely ever use them other than the defaul "normal" on my dish 6000. It would not be a problem for me.

My TV can adjust the aspect also. Sometimes an odd combination will produce good results.

Cyclone said:
Just for the record, I rarely ever use them other than the defaul "normal" on my dish 6000. It would not be a problem for me.

My TV can adjust the aspect also. Sometimes an odd combination will produce good results.

I wasn't aware of any HD sets that have multiple aspects for a 720 or 1080 signal. Which set do you have that does this?

When running the 811 through my DVI or Component inputs in 1080I, I can either use standard or HD expand. Of course, HD expand stretches the screen fom 4X3 to 16X9 with some distortion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts