811 Caller ID Doesn't work

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Nicko23

Original poster
Dec 23, 2003
Should the caller ID on the 811 work? I have it enabled, but have never seen it work....

Nicko23 said:
Should the caller ID on the 811 work? I have it enabled, but have never seen it work....

Mine works just fine.

(Possible dumb question alert) Do you have that option setup with your phone company? It costs me about $7 extra per month.

KyDave said:
Mine works just fine.

(Possible dumb question alert) Do you have that option setup with your phone company? It costs me about $7 extra per month.

Yeah...of course, how can someone live without it?

Mine works fine, as mentioned, you have to have it enabled from the phone co, and you need a phone line connected to the reciever. If you are using perhaps some sort of wireless phone connection or some other remote phone line connection device than a wired direct phone line, some of those devices do not work with caller ID.

It also shows up between the 1st and 2nd ring on mine.

Check all the obvious mentioned before, mine works fine.

Nicko23 said:
Yeah...of course, how can someone live without it?

Those of us stuck in the Middle Ages manage. I kind of like the old way, where people don't interrupt me when I'm talking and wait their turn.

Different strokes ...

AcuraCL said:
Those of us stuck in the Middle Ages manage. I kind of like the old way, where people don't interrupt me when I'm talking and wait their turn.

Different strokes ...

????

If you're talking about CALL WAITING (where when you are taking on the phone and someone calls, then you hear a beep), then I agree with you.

But that's a different animal! :)

I love knowing who is calling so I can ignore all the telemarketers!

KyDave said:
????

If you're talking about CALL WAITING (where when you are taking on the phone and someone calls, then you hear a beep), then I agree with you.

But that's a different animal! :)

I love knowing who is calling so I can ignore all the telemarketers!

Ack

Senior moment

I'll mess around with it tonight. Only thing I can think of that might cause it not to work is I have one of those adapters in the phone jack so I can have a couple phone lines going in there (1 for phone, 1 for 811 and 1 for Tivo).

Test the line with a known working phone, also make sure you can dial out, make sure the 811 has caller ID enabled.

sprintcarcrazy said:
Test the line with a known working phone, also make sure you can dial out, make sure the 811 has caller ID enabled.

Do the telephone line test on the 811. It will tell you if it sees dialtone.

Nicko23 said:
I'll mess around with it tonight. Only thing I can think of that might cause it not to work is I have one of those adapters in the phone jack so I can have a couple phone lines going in there (1 for phone, 1 for 811 and 1 for Tivo).

Do all of the video outputs on the 811 carry the Called ID info? I mention this because on both the 5000 and 508 receivers that I have owned, the Caller ID is not present on the Video 2 output so as to prevent having this info appearing on a video tape recording.

Just a thought.

Jerry

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)