811 Digital Mapping USDTV Pain in Butt

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

wiggy

Original poster
Nov 7, 2003
First, I am in Salt Lake where USDTV is first broadcast. I turn on my 811 this morning and go to the digital channels. I suddenly have a bunch of new digital channels. I go in to the menu and figure out that my 811 has mapped all the USDTV channels. This would not be a huge problem other than we don't have an OTA guide and of course I can't receive the USDTV broadcast. I don't know which channel is which. For instance, I now have several channel 4's and have lot's of channel 99's which are USDTV's broadcast of ESPN, the food network etc. I am E-mailing dish today to see if they can fix this. I can go in and delete them but the 811 will remap them if I do. Another pain in the butt. Everytime I think things are improving, something else happens. :no

I do love my HDTV.

Wiggy

wiggy said:
First, I am in Salt Lake where USDTV is first broadcast. I turn on my 811 this morning and go to the digital channels. I suddenly have a bunch of new digital channels. I go in to the menu and figure out that my 811 has mapped all the USDTV channels. This would not be a huge problem other than we don't have an OTA guide and of course I can't receive the USDTV broadcast. I don't know which channel is which. For instance, I now have several channel 4's and have lot's of channel 99's which are USDTV's broadcast of ESPN, the food network etc. I am E-mailing dish today to see if they can fix this. I can go in and delete them but the 811 will remap them if I do. Another pain in the butt. Everytime I think things are improving, something else happens. :no

I do love my HDTV.

Wiggy

Until they make it possible to hide channels from the guide, you may be SOL. If the USDTV channels are sub-channels of existing channels, say 7.3, 9.3, etc, you're stuck with them, unless you remove the parent channel in the "local channels" menu.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts