811 Digital Mapping USDTV Pain in Butt

wiggy

Original poster
Nov 7, 2003
First, I am in Salt Lake where USDTV is first broadcast. I turn on my 811 this morning and go to the digital channels. I suddenly have a bunch of new digital channels. I go in to the menu and figure out that my 811 has mapped all the USDTV channels. This would not be a huge problem other than we don't have an OTA guide and of course I can't receive the USDTV broadcast. I don't know which channel is which. For instance, I now have several channel 4's and have lot's of channel 99's which are USDTV's broadcast of ESPN, the food network etc. I am E-mailing dish today to see if they can fix this. I can go in and delete them but the 811 will remap them if I do. Another pain in the butt. Everytime I think things are improving, something else happens. :no

I do love my HDTV.

Wiggy

wiggy said:
First, I am in Salt Lake where USDTV is first broadcast. I turn on my 811 this morning and go to the digital channels. I suddenly have a bunch of new digital channels. I go in to the menu and figure out that my 811 has mapped all the USDTV channels. This would not be a huge problem other than we don't have an OTA guide and of course I can't receive the USDTV broadcast. I don't know which channel is which. For instance, I now have several channel 4's and have lot's of channel 99's which are USDTV's broadcast of ESPN, the food network etc. I am E-mailing dish today to see if they can fix this. I can go in and delete them but the 811 will remap them if I do. Another pain in the butt. Everytime I think things are improving, something else happens. :no

I do love my HDTV.

Wiggy

Until they make it possible to hide channels from the guide, you may be SOL. If the USDTV channels are sub-channels of existing channels, say 7.3, 9.3, etc, you're stuck with them, unless you remove the parent channel in the "local channels" menu.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts