811 Dolby Digital output Issues

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
IPAonTAP wrote:

The only probelm I have is I can't get the 811 remote to control my AV receiver.

I had the same problem with my Sony STR-DE895 until someone on this forum suggesting changing the Sony receiver's command mode to "AV1". The default (factory setting) is "AV2". With AV1, several of the codes listed above (645, 650, 687, & 730 worked).

Everyone having the toslink optical problem with the 811 should check out JoeSP's thread elsewhere on this forum entitled "DD 5.1 and OPTICAL out NOT a problem of the 811?" Joe suggests that if you are getting a red light out of the toslink cable after it is plugged into the 811, then the problem is almost certainly not the 811, but your receiver settings. He explains it better than I can, but the bottom line is after reading his post, I pulled out my receiver instructions, figured out which button to push to change my settings, and I went from having no optical sound to having perfect optical sound. Read Joe's post, research your receiver, and try it. -- Albert

red light out of the toslink cable after it is plugged into the 811,
It's odd that even with the 811 off the TOSlink port on the back panel glows red. But my AV receiver gets DD 5.1 with my other dish receiver a 501 DVR. Then I just unplug the 501 and plug the cable into the 811 and no DD sound. Same settings all the way around and same DD program.

My Onkyo sound AV receiver auto sets what kind of sound is coming in the optical port. With the 811 the Onkyo front panel displays dolby digical but no sound. So dish needs to fix it.

IT IS THE 811.

I have a yami RX-V1400, and when I first connected my 811, I tested it, and I had audio. However, I can not say that I tested it thoroughly. I might have been in a 7 ch setup and I did not bother to notice whether it was DD or pro logic. I will test later today and post my findings

Also note, my Yami has individual optical connections for every input, so I do not need to assign the optical port.

EDIT- I was able to run home for a late lunch, and I must say that my toslink connection was working well. I have the 811 set to DD/PCM and I checked the HDmovie channel and HDNet.

I was able to see both Digital on most channels on my receiver. I also saw DPL anf PCM on those that were not DD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts