811 Downrez to 540 on component?

I think that would only occur when HDCP (or whatever it is) copy protection kicks in. If it does, the 811's DVI would be full HD, but the component would be the 540p.

This is why 6000's will still sell on e-bay. If your a mitsu owner and don't want to chance your HDTV being downresed, the 6000 is the way to go.

This may be a little off topic, but here goes...

I have an LG MW-60SZ12 RPTV with a DVI input, but I am not sure if it is HDCP compatible, I have contacted my local LG Rep. but they have no idea. I also emailed LG direct and am awaiting a response.

Anyone know for sure??

cancunkev said:
This may be a little off topic, but here goes...

I have an LG MW-60SZ12 RPTV with a DVI input, but I am not sure if it is HDCP compatible, I have contacted my local LG Rep. but they have no idea. I also emailed LG direct and am awaiting a response.

Anyone know for sure??

http://www.lgelectronics.co.nz/LCDproject/MW60SZ12.html

I have WS-65809 and even the promise module excludes the DVI input. I don't think any of the 2001-2002 or 2002-2003 widescreen Projection TV's have DVI. The 2003-2004 models do have DVI.

I have a Mitsu WS-48413. I believe this is a 2004 model. The manual states the following:

Input when used with DVI

1. HDCP Compliant
2. E-EDID (Enhanced-Extended Display Identification) 1.3 compliant.
3. DVI-D uncompressed, high-speed, digital single-link connection.

Scan rates are 480i, 480p, and 1080i

Mitsu calls it a MonitorLink/DVI port and states that the user must use a shielded video interface cable with bonded ferrite cores at both ends.

-Mark

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)