811 DVI and Svideo

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

yukon

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 4, 2004
I have an 811 that I have hooked up to my plasma with DVI. What is the advantage of hooking up the svideo and dvi cable. I can't tell a difference in the SD channels on either. DVI stretched SD looks same as Svideo normal, so whats the plus in using both??

svideo uses the internal scaler of your plasma screen while DVI will scale using the 811 scaler. With svideo you use the stretch modes of the TV. Lots of times this can result in actually better SD PQ through svideo than DVI. You can also set your the 811 for 480p and then use the TVs scaler through DVI. At least that is my understanding.

What you get with SD and HD through your DVI is convience. PQ between the two might look the same and this not surprising.

Nice thats what I needed to know.. thanks for your help... I can't tell enough difference in the two to have to switch back and forth.. Think I'm gonna stick to DVI for now!! thanks for advice :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)