811 firmware update not likely...

WeeJavaDude said:
Me and Mike made a bet. Mike thought there would never be another software release for the 811. I won.. Woo Hoo!!!
Of course you won. That was a sucker's bet. They still do updates for DishPlayers and 2700's fer cripes sake.

"Abandoned" is probably too strong a word. At this point, I'd say it was being ignored, or at least put on a back burner. It may be simmering slowly. But, they're not really paying much attention.

WeeJavaDude said:
Well then the same could easily be said about the 921 and the 942. Anyway.. Like I said I am willing to take any wagers. Or just an addition to signatures claiming who is right. I we can make the deadline the end of Sept. even.

What do you say Mike and Dick?

I too will concede and update my sig when I get the mythical 2.89 update but right now I'm still sitting back at 2.84.

Regards

WeeJavaDude, you were right, I was wrong.

An 811 firmware update has been installed on my 811. My sig will be updated.
Although - I'm seeing something new... the picture froze when I entered the TV Guide grid and stayed frozen when I exited the grid.
Had to power cycle to gain control of the unit!

(I setup the sig but it didn't show up so the one below is part of this message, a little help please.)

(Before July 2006, any bets WeeJavaDude?)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)