811 Lost Wing Satellite

I did a check switch with no luck. 148 is STILL missing!
Question.... Would a SuperDish install solve the problem with the 811 and 148? Just a thought.
Bubba04

bubba04 said:
I did a check switch with no luck. 148 is STILL missing!
Question.... Would a SuperDish install solve the problem with the 811 and 148? Just a thought.
Bubba04

Nope, as it's not designed to receive 148. It's designed for 110/119 plus one of the low power birds in close orbit to those. (105 and 121, I believe.)

Note that there are some reports of people losing the 61.5 bird and needing legacy switches to get it back. Sorry, I don't recall exactly where I saw that.

Craig

mgs24 said:
I am still able to see 148 for the second day after is being gone for what 3 weeks.

Not me. But, I have two DP21 switches, not a DP34. I hope more 811/DishPro/148 users can chime in here. Maybe more have restored 148 functionality, and can post their switch type, if they do.

I would settle for a DP34 replacement as a workaround. The current Legacy workaround is out of the question, though.

It used to have the 110 119 and X CONN

Now its back to 110 119 & 148. I have not re-done the check switch since I got 148 back just so I don't loose it again.

mgs24 said:
I am still able to see 148 for the second day after is being gone for what 3 weeks.
And I'm still green with envy as mine still fails. Like you posted in a later note, I would avoid running the check switch for now.
My hardware is a DishPro twin LNB for 110/119 and a DishPro single for 148, all going through two DP34SW switches.

Any new news on when we might get this fixed? Seems like since it worked before it would be an easy thing for them to put back the way it was. Or somehow patch the software.

Do we need to be calling and complaining more?

Should I just accept the Legacy swap solution?

MacKenzieIII said:
Any new news on when we might get this fixed? Seems like since it worked before it would be an easy thing for them to put back the way it was. Or somehow patch the software.

Do we need to be calling and complaining more?

Should I just accept the Legacy swap solution?

The fix is supposed to be released this week. See...

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=10302

NightRyder

Did anyone try repointing their 148 dish to 61.5, run a check switch, then point the dish back to 148 without doing a checkswitch? This might fool the box into thinking it was looking at 61.5 but let you watch 148.

dlsnyder said:
Did anyone try repointing their 148 dish to 61.5, run a check switch, then point the dish back to 148 without doing a checkswitch? This might fool the box into thinking it was looking at 61.5 but let you watch 148.

Considering the software update that came down yesterday solved the problem, your suggestion sounds like a lot of work. :D

I have a similar problem. I "upgraded" to DishPro and an adapter using the
SW34 and 6000 receiver. This was with the idea of getting a 921 (not now
given those problems). I'm set up to receive 110 and 119 plus moved my
61.5 dish 300 to 148. The receiver interprets the 148 as a 119 on
the dish pointing and refuses to use it during a switch test.
Has this 148 issue been resolved with the 811 ? I could switch back
to the 61.5 except for the much weaker signal and rain difficulties at times.

DrAlSmith said:
I have a similar problem. I "upgraded" to DishPro and an adapter using the
SW34 and 6000 receiver. This was with the idea of getting a 921 (not now
given those problems). I'm set up to receive 110 and 119 plus moved my
61.5 dish 300 to 148. The receiver interprets the 148 as a 119 on
the dish pointing and refuses to use it during a switch test.
Has this 148 issue been resolved with the 811 ? I could switch back
to the 61.5 except for the much weaker signal and rain difficulties at times.

The 148 problem on the 811 has been corrected. Unfortunatley many other problems remain. :(

It sounds like you may have uncovered another bug related to DP+Adapter+6000 software+148.

NightRyder

I'm using DishPro technology with an 811, 510, and a DishPro adapter with an 4700/4900 receiver, and all receivers see 110/119/148 fine. I only had problems with the 811 not seeing the 148, but this has since been fixed with version 265.

I think the DishPro adapter emulates a SW64, since the Check Switch menu for my 4700/4900 sees a SW64. You might want to check your 6000 to see what multiswitch it senses.

The 6000 is seeing a sw64, which was the original switch being used
before going with a sw34. I have a strong signal from the 148, but
the dish pointing interprets it as 119 satellite. Very strange. Bypassing
the SW34 and going into the receiver directly does not seem to help,
but I plan to double check all this again later today. I am unable to
actually tune into a station.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)