811 no longer available thru Dish w/o buying HDTV in a box?

joeb2112

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 28, 2003
as I write - I am buying the HDTV promo for $999 (as an existing customer!) - AND, the CSR was told 2 hours ago that the 811 is no longer available for new or existing without buying the HDTV in a box - too much demand for the 811, is forcing them to bundle it..

anybody else want to confirm this??

Yes I will confirm this. I should have my HD in the box installed tuesday.

34 inch tv should be a great second set and good for the Xbox and PSX2

What about us people who have already ordered and are on the schedule. My credit card has already been charged the $49 new cust. charge and I am scheduled for 12/23 install.
Bill

I think they will have to honor the existing orders. Hopefully this is a move to allow existing orders to be finally be fullfilled. It is obvious the current system has no concept of priority or anything like that. Pretty much if they are lucky enough to have stock on the day of your delivery, then you are a lucky person.

I just got off the phone with dish. The csr told me the 811's were sold out and to call back after Jan. 5th to order at the promo price.

Bill

Yikes! Hopefully my 811 install on Monday goes ahead as planned. They already charged me the $50 new customer upfront cost so I will be spitting bullets if they try to renege.

Keith.

The soonest I was scheduled for HD in a box was 12/31- Rolltide , you better kick down and provide some pics! ;)

The CSR also confirmed with Tech Support on the Xbox, PS2 and DVD support - AND

30 day buyer remorse guarantee - If I don't like it - it's outta here and a refund..

Funny, i just ordered one this morning and received the promo price of $199 with free installation and delivery. The rep told me that i would receive it before Xmas, with an install date of 12/29....

DirtyMack said:
Funny, i just ordered one this morning and received the promo price of $199 with free installation and delivery. The rep told me that i would receive it before Xmas, with an install date of 12/29....

you beat the Christmas rush! :D

DirtyMack said:

I think they meant Xmas 2004!!!

I ordered mine on the first day offered and the installer has missed three appointments, all claiming out of stock. Now they are saying that they will not get any more 811s for three more weeks, which will be Jan 2nd, 2004. I do not even have an appointment.

My installer just called and confirmed my Monday 22nd December date. I specifically asked if he had the 811 receiver and he said YES :)

Keith.

I ordered my 811 3 weeks ago and was told was going to install this past friday.But one day before install they call and say sorry no 811 in stock .Said it would be around the 10th before they have any 811s in stock.Man this sucks!!!!!!!!Called dish and asked if they could get a box from local store one block up the road and they say No we do not have a contract with them.I also just got a 508 from this site.Also they asked if i want the two dish setup for locals and i said no.Sould i have gotten the second dish for future HD channels? Thanks

This could also be a regional issue. Are the installers bringing your 811s, or are they being shipped from Dish Network's warehouse?
The CSR didn't mention anything about a shortage, just that it would ship out the day it was ordered.....[code:1][/code:1]

Re: 811 no longer available thru Dish w/o buying HDTV in a b

joeb2112 said:
as I write - I am buying the HDTV promo for $999 (as an existing customer!) - AND, the CSR was told 2 hours ago that the 811 is no longer available for new or existing without buying the HDTV in a box - too much demand for the 811, is forcing them to bundle it..

I am looking at the same deal...it seems pretty good...the monitor is made by Thomson...it is the same as an RCA d34w20. I am also an existing customer....any reason I shouldn't do this deal anybody?

I wonder if my distributor would make me order this bundle deal to get the 811. I know they are requiring me to order a receiver for every SuperDish I order in which causes me to order fewer of them and demand a premium to install a SuperDish at this time with there being more people interested in a SuperDish upgrade than signing up as a new subscriber. I cannot afford to buy a bunch of extra receivers that I cannot use especially since they want to sell me 301's and the 311's are coming out soon which means they will eventually not allow the 301's to be used in promotions.

I dont see how making people order the 811 bundle is any different than that. There are very few people around here that would order the tv in the bundle (although the 811 is no good if you dont have an HD tv but subscribers may not want those RCA tv's).

Re: 811 no longer available thru Dish w/o buying HDTV in a b

Thumper said:
joeb2112 said:

I am looking at the same deal...it seems pretty good...the monitor is made by Thomson...it is the same as an RCA d34w20. I am also an existing customer....any reason I shouldn't do this deal anybody?
I hear that their monitors are proprietary, and won't work once you cancel your Dish subscription. Don't quote me, but i'm sure i read something to that effect in here or in the AVS forums...

What should I expect?

Hello, I'm new to this site. I only wish I would have found it sooner, it's very informative. As of Friday 12/19/03 I placed an order with dishnet for a free system including (1) 811 receiver, (1) 301 receiver and the dish. Being a new customer they gave me all of it for free with a one year HD pack contract. Along with the HD pack I subscribed to the 49.99 a month 100 channel w/ hbo and cinemax channels w/three free months. My questions are as follows.

1. My install is on Monday 12/29/03, are people still backlogged for the 811 as of today?
2. Will I be receiving HBOhd with only 1 dish?
3. Should I ask Dishnet for my installers phone number to make sure they have 811's?

Any advice would be helpful.
I will post more information following my installation experience.

I called 12/21 to order an 811 under the $149 deal. First CSR said I couldn't order until Jan 5. No mention of HD in a Box deal. I called back a little later, this CSR took my order and scheduled install morning of Dec. 30th. We'll see...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts