811 no longer available thru Dish w/o buying HDTV in a box?

I tried calling DN to confirm the 811 shortages this morning, and i swear that their CSRs become dumber every time i call. This one couldn't even tell me the name of the installation contractor they scheduled me with. All i know is that the receivers are shipped directly to the installers, and that DN's stockpile of 811s is in the "millions" (according to the CSR)....wow. :|

Their stock might be in the millions, but I too called today and asked if I could get their current promo package of 3 rooms free with the 811. She said no, it is now only offered with the purchase of the TV.

She then started trying to get info from me to sign me up.

I said I wasn't interested and hung up.

Sounds like I maybe got a great deal getting in on this before it was too late.

I am up and running and loving it!

Sorry for those of you who are not, and I know some of you signed up long before I did.

StevenD said:
akaRadar,

Rumor has it the Dallas warehouse is receiving a big shipment of 811s tomorrow or Friday.

I finally got mine last weekend as an unexpected shipment came into Dallas.

Will they contact me to schedule sooner if they arrive?

Should I call back or just wait till 1/8/2004?

Thanks, Bill

I too called DN this afternoon. The CSR told me that my 12/29 install date will more than likely be rescheduled after 01/05/04 due to the lack of 811's. I was lucky enough to call and get the free 811 the day prior to the "only with the tv deal". She told me my install is possible but very unlikely for the 29th. I guess I can deal with a delay, but if they decide not to honor their deal for the free 811 I'll be extremely pissed.

I'm selling my 811 if you want one bad, see this link:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4913

I'm not looking to make money off the deal, just not loose a lot. RAD

I received a call today from the Executive office of Soraya Cartwright from Dish - (866 -443 5162) apparently the CSR that entered my order failed to add the 811 code to the HDTV in the box (still charged me $999) AND neglected to enter the size TV I wanted.

In either case - they still have me down for a 12/31 install - as soon as I figure out how to post pics (don't want to jinx this!) I will post with the new setup.

Christina (the rep) also mentioned that the TV is covered only by the 1 year mfg warranty (not by a Dish extended warranty) - but of course, the 811 would be if I bought the extra warranty.

She did say, that you can return the TV and 811 within 30 days (you pay for freight) and get a refund on the whole promo if not satisfied..

Happy Holiday everyone!

You want see the TV untill at least Jan 10th and you can take that to the bank .

The TV is covered under Dish Mfg Warranty.

Why all the crossposting ?

and a Very Merry Christmas to you too!

just providing info to the community as I got it today from Dish - you are under no obligation to read it, if you don't want to..

remember - I live in SoCal, there's a local warehouse (not out of state) let me add that three other friends got their 811's installed this week, no delays ...

Rolltide and I both agree that since we're both getting sketchy info - we'll take the average . divided by the mean, multiplied by the derivative of the inverse function to come up with the conclusion that nobody has the right answers at Corporate! :p

Wo Hoo!

The Dish guy is in my yard, putting up the Dish500 and he has several 811's in his truck :) He has a SuperDish in there too.

Looks like I will be up and running in an hour or two. The Dish guy told me they have enough 811's for installs, but the subcontractors do not. My first Dish install was directed to a subcontractor, and they cancelled.

If you call for an 811 install, see if you can demand that the install is done by Dish and not by a subcontractor.

Keith.

Just got a call from my installer, my original installation date of 12/29 has been pushed back to 1/19/04 due to the lack of 811's. This sucks, but at least I'm not going to have a problem with them not honoring the free 811 setup.

Thanks keith,

after reading your message I began calling around to local distributors. After finding one who had 811's in stock I contacted DN. They were more than happy to arrange for the installation to be done by the other company (that has 811's) rather than having it postponed for a month. Now I'll have my installation done tommorow rather than January 19th. Thanks for the info.

Anyone else reading this I would suggest you call around and find a retailer in your area with the 811's in stock. So as to avoid lengthy delays.

It took the installer about 2 hours to get the dish on the roof and the 811 wired. No complaints so far, other than the dark s-video that everyone else has noticed. The 811 has the 263 software loaded. I will give it a more thorough testing tomorrow. This is my first satellite system so it is all new to me.

Thanks to everyone that contributes to this forum. The information helped me to decide to get the 811.

Keith.

so if a local retailer has 811's in stock you can call dish network and have the local retailer install it instead of their craptastic installers?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts