811 OTA HD Question

yukon

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 4, 2004
If I have an 811 with the Superdish and I want to take my 811 box to my parents home because they have an OTA antenna and I don't, but the kicker is they don't have a superdish. they just have the regular original dish. Will my 811 work just to pick up HD OTA at their house. I'm trying to get the Superbowl in HD and this is my only hope. Just didn't know if my box would work on their setup. don't want to leave it there.. just want to try the HD OTA

thanks

It will work, you will have to run a switch test when you connect it to their system and you will have to run a switch test when you reconnect it to your system.

thanx... gonna test tonight.. just found out that my local fox don't even broadcast in HD, but i can test for future CBS and ABC shows I guess...

You may want do a check switch before you connect the cables at your parents house. Then again after you connect the sat cables and uncheck the Superdish box. Doing the switch test before you conncet the sat cable could help preventing problems going from DISH PRO to DISH LEGACY LNBs.

yup good point cause i tryed this a long time ago and it just kept giving me errors, been planning my game plan this time.. gonn unhook from mine and then do check switch then gonna take to parents and check switch it there..

If this works.. then i'll just go bye my parents an HD box from Wal-mart and run their OTA into it.. they care nothing about HD, but on Sundays or so will be nice football ..heh

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)