811 P3.34, Scheduled for 1-10-06

mdonnelly

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 26, 2004
Mustang, OK
Heads up 811 users! The Dish Tech Portal shows that new firmware for the 811's will start rolling out tomorrow.

"01/09/2006: 1519 Software Version P3.34 for DP811

Effective Tuesday, January 10th, Engineering plans to spool a PARTIAL PHASE of software version P3.34 for the DP811 receiver. This is primarily a non-forced maintenance release available at ALL satellite locations.

At this time P3.33 and P3.34 will be the valid software version for the DP811."

RandallA said:
Thanks for the heads up. Hopefully this one will OK.

i hope it fixes the EPG problems i am having. ever since the CES press conference i can only get about an hours worth of guide if i am lucky enough to get that.

is there a way to force the guide to do a full load?

richmert said:
i hope it fixes the EPG problems i am having. ever since the CES press conference i can only get about an hours worth of guide if i am lucky enough to get that.
If you have a few minutes to spare, try doing a Check Switch. It seems to work for me.

richmert said:

Have you preformed a hard reset on the receiver? If not, hold the Power button in on the front of the receiver for 5 to 10 seconds. The box should reboot and reload the guide data.

NightRyder

NightRyder said:
Have you preformed a hard reset on the receiver? If not, hold the Power button in on the front of the receiver for 5 to 10 seconds. The box should reboot and reload the guide data.
NightRyder

thanks. i was trying to avoid that but if thats what i have to do then thats what i have to do. will that fix it for more than one day? or will i have to do that every day?
this is the third or fourth 811 i have had and i havent had that many problems with it.

richmert said:
thanks. i was trying to avoid that but if thats what i have to do then thats what i have to do. will that fix it for more than one day? or will i have to do that every day?
this is the third or fourth 811 i have had and i havent had that many problems with it.

Resets are on an "as needed" basis. You shouldn't have to reset again unless the problem resurfaces.

NightRyder

Hardware version 3.34 for DP811

I saw a post on the tech link portion of E site that said they will spool a partial phase of 3.34 for the DP811 on Tusday January 10. Any one have any ideas what this upgrade is supposed to accomplish? After the last one I get an annoying multicolor band at the side of my screen on all my HBO channels.

ChrisBMoore said:
I saw a post on the tech link portion of E site that said they will spool a partial phase of 3.34 for the DP811 on Tusday January 10. Any one have any ideas what this upgrade is supposed to accomplish? After the last one I get an annoying multicolor band at the side of my screen on all my HBO channels.

:eek: Maybe is an MPEG4 upgrade :D JK

3.34 was waiting on my 811 when I got home from work yesterday evening.
The first and only change I noticed is that when you change your resolution setting in the HDTV set-up menu, you now get a pop-up that says something like:
"Your resolution has been changed. Do you you accept these new settings? If not your settings will be changed back in 10 seconds."

zvogt said:
3.34 was waiting on my 811 when I got home from work yesterday evening.
The first and only change I noticed is that when you change your resolution setting in the HDTV set-up menu, you now get a pop-up that says something like:
"Your resolution has been changed. Do you you accept these new settings? If not your settings will be changed back in 10 seconds."
Huh! Sounds like the 811 is running Windows now. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts