811 problem! Please help!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jrigg

Original poster
Mar 20, 2005
I am seeing a pattern of green artifacts throughout my TV screen when watching any programming from the 811 through a DVI output. When I switch my TV to watch the same programming through S-Video , it's gone. Here's a shot of the artifacts on DVI (SEE ATTACHED IMAGE #1)

I know that it is a 811 problem because when I hit the guide button, the guide comes up and the green artifacts disappear. Everything is then normal (i.e. not a TV or DVI cable problem). (SEE ATTACHED IMAGE #2)

Also, from the guide, when I select a channel and it comes up with the normal transparent header guide info, the picture is perfect (SEE ATTACHED IMAGE #3), but when the header disappears the artifacts are back (SEE ATTACHED IMAGE #4)

Sorry the pics suck! My digital camera is also giving me troubles...

High Def March Madness sucks with little green rectangles on the court! Please Help! :(

Attachments

• Image #1.jpg
    Image #1.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 203
  • Image #2.jpg
    Image #2.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 187
  • Image #3.jpg
    Image #3.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 156
  • Image #4.jpg
    Image #4.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 162
Problem solved!

This is evidentally a bug with 811. I also posted on DBStalk and was told just a reboot will solve it, which it did! I was unaware of this problem...

Thanks!

get on the phone with dish and start complaining. if it is not simple fix (some with experince might be able to help) and your unit is still under warrenty, you might get a new one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)