811 HD:Normal

ttenn

Original poster
Feb 23, 2005
Post deleted.

uh, nevermind. Did another search. I will try the pg up/pg down thing and try again. I still don't see much quality difference. Viewing OTA channel.

Those are the zoom modes for the hd and sd outputs.

To cycle through the HD zoom modes you hit the page up button while your watching a channel.

To cycle through the SD zoom modes you'd hit page down

Remember these are the modes for the type of output your using on the 811, not the channel.

The resolution setting for HD outputs is in menu 6-1-9

Anyone else notice on an 811 that the non HD channels on dish (101, etc) come in really fuzzy, no matter if youre using svideo or RCA connnections? Most of the 811's I install end up with complaints from people about fuzzy tv, especially when it looks better with the 311 receiver. Just curious if anyone else has noticed this. BTW, its usually not the focus of the tv, either. Looks the same in both HD mode and regular on the television. Did one today and it looked worse with the 811 than the guys previous 311. HD channels were totally awesome and clear, though. I just find it frustrating that people expect an improvement in the picture and they end up with the opposite. :mad:

Well, I think it depends on a number of things.
On my Sony fed by a Dish 811, SD looks very good. And the OTA SD signal, esp. Letterman, looks outstanding.

S-video or rca???? - give me a break!

So, use componetnt cables. If that's what you're using, then try DVI.

What I tell everyone considering an HDTV, "Have the dealer show you a SD signal before you make the purchase"..

fred

Use Component cables!! I have an 811 connected to my Sony HD TV and the SD looks fines. The OTA SD is pretty good to of course the OTA digital looks better and HD on OTA looks awesome same with the Dish HD.

JohnnyProphet2001 said:
HD channels were totally awesome and clear, though. I just find it frustrating that people expect an improvement in the picture and they end up with the opposite. :mad:
SD channels looked much better on my 508 than they do on my 811 -- I am using DVI. HD looks awesome. Dan

Me too, SD channels on my 508 look better than on the 811 with a DVI connection. Heck, my analog cable looks better for SD than the 811. There really shouldn't be that much of a discrepancy when using such high-end equipment (HDTV) and connectors (whether DVI or component) with a newer model receiver. I pretty much only use the 811 now for just the 5 channels in the HD pack, and will be dumping it at the end of my contract.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts