811 Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

smodak

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 13, 2004
Just ordered an 811 from Dishstore.NET. I have a question for owner's, does it come with any cables (component/optical/RCA etc.) in the box?

redline65 said:
I think mine came with S-Video, component, and A/V composite cables. No optical or DVI. But don't quote me.
This is what I remember also. I had so many cables before I got the 811, I cant remember if I used mine or theirs.

It is becuase he bought the HTIB, which included the TV.

You don't need DVI, but you can try one as I did for pretty cheap from Custom Pacific Cable.

It also does not come with any Optical (TosLink) cable, which you will need for 5.1

It does come with S-Video & Component and RCA cables along with some coax.

Just go buy an optical and you are set.

peid said:
It is becuase he bought the HTIB, which included the TV.

You don't need DVI, but you can try one as I did for pretty cheap from Custom Pacific Cable.

It also does not come with any Optical (TosLink) cable, which you will need for 5.1

It does come with S-Video & Component and RCA cables along with some coax.

Just go buy an optical and you are set.

And, of course, it comes with the long phone cable.

I thought Dish "requires" you to hook them to a phone line or get charged an extra $5 a month? (which is stupid to me)

ghoticov said:
I thought Dish "requires" you to hook them to a phone line or get charged an extra $5 a month? (which is stupid to me)

I believe that is only for the 522 and possibly 322. Thats the ONLY reason I have my 522 plugged in.

ROLLTIDE said:
It amazing to me how many people actually plug the phone into the wall .

I guess the caller Id is cool :)

Caller ID is the ONLY reason I have a telephone line plugged in.

That's the main reason I left the phone plugged in also, I like the caller id feature. Nothing like not having to get your fat butt up to see who's calling! LOL

But I also thought you HAD To keep it plugged into the wall.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts