811 Question

smodak

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 13, 2004
Just ordered an 811 from Dishstore.NET. I have a question for owner's, does it come with any cables (component/optical/RCA etc.) in the box?

redline65 said:
I think mine came with S-Video, component, and A/V composite cables. No optical or DVI. But don't quote me.
This is what I remember also. I had so many cables before I got the 811, I cant remember if I used mine or theirs.

It is becuase he bought the HTIB, which included the TV.

You don't need DVI, but you can try one as I did for pretty cheap from Custom Pacific Cable.

It also does not come with any Optical (TosLink) cable, which you will need for 5.1

It does come with S-Video & Component and RCA cables along with some coax.

Just go buy an optical and you are set.

peid said:
It is becuase he bought the HTIB, which included the TV.

You don't need DVI, but you can try one as I did for pretty cheap from Custom Pacific Cable.

It also does not come with any Optical (TosLink) cable, which you will need for 5.1

It does come with S-Video & Component and RCA cables along with some coax.

Just go buy an optical and you are set.

And, of course, it comes with the long phone cable.

I thought Dish "requires" you to hook them to a phone line or get charged an extra $5 a month? (which is stupid to me)

ghoticov said:
I thought Dish "requires" you to hook them to a phone line or get charged an extra $5 a month? (which is stupid to me)

I believe that is only for the 522 and possibly 322. Thats the ONLY reason I have my 522 plugged in.

ROLLTIDE said:
It amazing to me how many people actually plug the phone into the wall .

I guess the caller Id is cool :)

Caller ID is the ONLY reason I have a telephone line plugged in.

That's the main reason I left the phone plugged in also, I like the caller id feature. Nothing like not having to get your fat butt up to see who's calling! LOL

But I also thought you HAD To keep it plugged into the wall.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts