811 Receiver blank screen problem

a2zvisa

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 26, 2004
Visalia, Ca
Occasionally when I view my VCR (VHS) through the 811's video inputs for an extended period of time, usually 30 or more minutes, when I return to regular satellite programming, the screen remains blank. The transparent guide is viable but nothing else. Even OTA doesn't come in. The menus are visable. When I return to 000 (back video inputs) I can still see the VCR. I've ran the switch test, turn the 811 off and on. Nothing. The last resort was to unplug the receiver. This worked. I hope this isn't a duplicate post. Any ideas what causing this?

I have that happen sometimes. Actually all I have to do is go up or down a satellite channel to get it to work. It is like it turns off the OTA/Video in mode but does not turn on the satellite mode. It happens occasionally. Just try going up a channel then back to your original channel and it should snap out of it.

I have had this problem before, as well. A few days agao it started and happened twice within a couple days. Dish told me to reset the receiver. Haven't had it since those two episodes.. But, one time we got OTA and the other time we didn't... strange.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)