811 Software P263 here!

HookedOnTV said:
Experienced the same. Adjusted all the way to the right and it is still to the left of center. Don't notice unless watching a 4:3 letterbox. BTW I have a Toshiba.

On the picture in guide it works if you wait long enough. Basically the same as the 301.

I too have a Toshiba Cinema Series.

I have lost audio on most channels with this new download.I think it is specific to one satellite.I called and they are working on it.

Yes, that is now fixed, the Guide shows video, it even shows what looks like a miniature widescreen with black bars top and bottom when displaying an HDTV channel.

Steve Lanich

263 didn't solve any of my issues. Local mapping still doesn't work correctly, closed captions are as screwy as ever, and the dark image is still dark. Good work Dish!

Nicu

While we can all post that 2.63 may or may not have fixed issues un-specified, unless we ALL call again and keep voicing the issues...

Dark S-Video,
Guide Issues
Local Mapping
Recall button
Aspect from S-Video to Component/DVI (this really needs to be documented so there is a baseline of "expected" behavior in each mode.)

If there are other issues, we need to call, and followup and keep the pressure up with Dish on these issues.

markusian said:
- The aspect ratio button still doesn't work in SD.

I'm not sure that it should. When using S-video you would just use your televisions aspect controls.

zvogt said:
KyDave said:
Could someone with the update check if the GUIDE WITH VIDEO actually shows the video rather than the AQUIRING SATELLITE SIGNAL message.

I have gotten this to work on both previous software releases on both
SD and HD satellite channels and OTA channels.
But of course not with any regularity. But it HAS worked, I'd say maybe
5-10% of the time.

That is becasue it only does it when it has to download the information. If you hit guide then wait for the picture in guide, then cancel and then go back to the guide it will be there. Not sure how long it can go with out having to grab the info again.

volfan615 said:
markusian said:

I'm not sure that it should. When using S-video you would just use your televisions aspect controls.

I don't think you understand the issue here.

I, and I guess most people, watch SD on regular TVs, not wide screen. Those TVs don't have the concept of changing aspect ratio.

On the 811, for OTA channels that are 4:3 and are converted from HD to SD, they show up as boxed in a black frame all around.

The 6000 allows a full zoom mode to get this kind of channel to fill the whole screen. The 811 allows you to select the aspect ratio on SD but does nothing. It seems like a bug.

recall now works from OTA digital <-> sat

The "recall" button with 262 didn't work when going from OTA digital to sat channels. Now, for me, it works with 263.

matt.

Re: Guide with video

Mine worked fine until the new software. Now it just sits there trying to aquire....

My remote acts funny from day 1. I mash SAT, TV, VCR or AUX and it doesn't lite up. I mash it several more times and it may or may not lite up to switch modes. It is really annoying.

markusian said:
volfan615 said:
markusian said:

I, and I guess most people, watch SD on regular TVs, not wide screen. Those TVs don't have the concept of changing aspect ratio.

On the 811, for OTA channels that are 4:3 and are converted from HD to SD, they show up as boxed in a black frame all around.

The 6000 allows a full zoom mode to get this kind of channel to fill the whole screen. The 811 allows you to select the aspect ratio on SD but does nothing. It seems like a bug.

No I DO understand the problem. I have a widescreen Mits. When viewing SD material through S-Video I use the TV's aspect control (Standard, Expand, Partial Zoom, Full Zoom, Gray Bars). If your widescreen TV doesn't do this then you should have a problem with the TV manufacturer and not DISH.

I received a replacement 811 for my two week old flakey unit. The new box has the 263 update. I can view all HD and SD through my component HD input on my Sony TV. Now I can use the * format button to zoom the SD content to fill the screen. I don't have to use the S-video for SD tv anymore just to get the wideZoom on my 16:9 screen.

Also the SD channels are not dark when going through the component/HD input on my tv....through the S-video it is still too dark. Therefore I am watching everything HD and SD through the component HD input.

BTW this box works much better than 811 it replaced. Not as buggy and so far the guide with video feature actually works!!!

volfan615 said:
markusian said:
volfan615 said:
markusian said:

No I DO understand the problem. I have a widescreen Mits. When viewing SD material through S-Video I use the TV's aspect control (Standard, Expand, Partial Zoom, Full Zoom, Gray Bars). If your widescreen TV doesn't do this then you should have a problem with the TV manufacturer and not DISH.

Seems like a lot of confusion, If you use DVI or Component output which are HD output you should be able to use * key features (i.e. you will be able to toggle between Normal,Graybar,Full Zoom, Partial Zoom and Stratch in 16X9 or 4X3 #1. 4X3 #2 opetion will be stratch on SD and latterbox and gray latterbox on HD channel)

If you use composite output Fullzoom feature does not work on HD channels so if you are watching 16X9 picture on composite output(SD output) you will see black bar at top and bottom and if it is 4X3 pic in 16X9 format you will have blackbar on all four sides.

So, for composite output I talked with CSR at dish and they say it will be fixed in future software releases.

Hope this helps

Well, I can add one more thing that WAS NOT fixed.

A VCR timer setting still has a bug where the VIDEO is BLANK when the timer kicks in. I do get the banner of what was supposed to record, but only a blank screen.

I can also confirm that the VCR timer function is still not operational Just a header and black screen. Video reappears when you change the channel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)