811 Software update coming next week

Bobby said:
It certainly sounds like you're doing it right, 5 power amps, wow!!!

Try this, humor me please. Roll your toslink from the optical 2 to your known working optical 1 for DVDs. Did that fix anything? No! Ok try this, take your toslink out of your DVD player and plug it into your 811. Any help?

What I'm trying to do here is to isolate the input in scenario 1 and the toslink cable in scenario 2. Obviously you know what you're doing, but sometimes we can't see the forest for the trees.

FWIW I have a Denon 4802 and I have never had a problem with the 811 talking to it over the optical link.

Sorry it took me a week to get back to you, Bobby. Work was extremely hectic this past week. I tried the toslink swap today and found that the 811 is outputing digital audio just fine into Optical 1. So, it's doing it's job. Swapped things back, tweaked with some switches inside the front panel and *poof*, everything's working great now. :D

Yes, the dark SD video is obviously still a problem, but at least I've got digital audio from the 811 and my DVD player now!

Thanks for the tips.

Joe

long_time_DNC said:
Sorry it took me a week to get back to you, Bobby. Work was extremely hectic this past week. I tried the toslink swap today and found that the 811 is outputing digital audio just fine into Optical 1. So, it's doing it's job. Swapped things back, tweaked with some switches inside the front panel and *poof*, everything's working great now. :D

Yes, the dark SD video is obviously still a problem, but at least I've got digital audio from the 811 and my DVD player now!

Thanks for the tips.

Joe

Very cool!!!! Glad to have been helpful. Enjoy.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)