811 to 622 PQ

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

smokey982

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2005
Cleveland, TN (Chattanooga Market)
I just installed my new 622, and I'm amazed at how much clearer and cleaner the HD picture is compared to my 811.

I have the 622 connected with component cables. I need to purchase an adapter from DVI to HDMI.
My 811 was connected with the DVI. But with this much improvment I may keep using the components.

Has anyone else went to the 622 from the 811 and noticed any difference in pic quality?

My 622 will be installed on Feb 28th and what you say sure sounds good!

I'm going from an 811 to a 622 also. I'll let you know what picture quality differences I see after it's installed. I'll be using component cables also because my HDTV doesn't have HDMI.

I noticed that my pq is the same/if not better using component on the 622 vs dvi-hdmi on the 811...

Did you test the 811 DVI vs the 811 component??

I did and the 811 component was much better. So what you may be seeing is the weakness of the DVI outs of the 811. Many people commented on this in threads that were active a few months ago.

Last edited:
Tom Bombadil said:
Did you test the 811 DVI vs the 811 component??

I did and the 811 component was much better. So what you may be seeing is the weakness of the DVI outs of the 811. Many people commented on this in threads that were active a few months ago.
Hmmm maybe I need to switch to component with my 811 then. I've been using DVI for quite some time, but a long time ago I compared the 811's DVI to component on my TV and they looked the same to me. Since then I've had my TV ISF calibrated, so maybe I should try component again to see if I can tell a difference now.

for some that has an hdmi tv, does the 622/211/411 HDMI port actually pass audio if using a regular hdmi cable? I think I remember reading where when dish introduced hdmi on the 942, they cheated on the HDMI and werent passing the audio

I should have said that about 90% of the people who commented about the 811's DVI vs component, said that component was better. Many saying that it was much better. But there may be an 811 to TV relationship here, where it works better with some sets than others.

Many reported that the DVI connection was very clear but had washed out colors.

This is not unusual in the world of DVI sources and DVI/HDMI sets. The early implementations of these interfaces have varied in quality, and even the standards have been in flux.

smokey982 said:
I just installed my new 622, and I'm amazed at how much clearer and cleaner the HD picture is compared to my 811.

I have the 622 connected with component cables. I need to purchase an adapter from DVI to HDMI.
My 811 was connected with the DVI. But with this much improvment I may keep using the components.

Has anyone else went to the 622 from the 811 and noticed any difference in pic quality?

I had an 811 and replaced it with a 622. I always used the component connection on the 811 and also do with the 622. Slight improvement on HD with the 622. Where I notice the bigest difference is the SD quality. 622 SD is much better than the 811 was.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)