811 to 722 install tomorrow...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

chaz

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 2, 2004
Well I think I got a pretty good deal, what do you all think. I've been holding out for on a new reciever for far too long. My main HD TV is uses a 811 with the old $10/ month HD package.

A Dish CSR called me last week to offer me an upgrade since the MPEG2 stuff is being phased out. I was given the option of a leased 622 for $49(after $100 mail-in rebate) or a leased 722 for $89(after $100 mail-in rebate). Plus I would get the new HD package for 6 months free (normally $20/month). I choose the 722...

Sounded like a decent deal so I pulled the trigger. Plus I own the 811 and I can keep it for the OTA tuner or sell it on fleebay if it's still worth anything(i have not checked). I'm thinking this info may be useful for others that are still holding out.

Take care all!:)

I did an 811 to 722 upgrade in September, $200 up front then $100 rebate and the HD free for six months. Just sold my owned 811 on fleabay for $72 plus shipping.

Your going to love the 722, there is no comparison to the 811 in any way.

Well I think I got a pretty good deal, what do you all think. I've been holding out for on a new reciever for far too long. My main HD TV is uses a 811 with the old $10/ month HD package.

A Dish CSR called me last week to offer me an upgrade since the MPEG2 stuff is being phased out. I was given the option of a leased 622 for $49(after $100 mail-in rebate) or a leased 722 for $89(after $100 mail-in rebate). Plus I would get the new HD package for 6 months free (normally $20/month). I choose the 722...

Sounded like a decent deal so I pulled the trigger. Plus I own the 811 and I can keep it for the OTA tuner or sell it on fleebay if it's still worth anything(i have not checked). I'm thinking this info may be useful for others that are still holding out.

Take care all!:)

I have the 722 & love it. It's by far the best DVR I've ever had. I also love the HD space- 300 hrs. of SD programming & 50 hrs. of HD prog. You should be happy with it.:cool:

722 is a lovely receiver. Better than my old Tivo 40 even :p if I could only port the video to my MCE box I would never want again

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts