811 upgrade dilemna

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

emdawgz1

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 6, 2004
I'm not getting this.

I currently own an 811, i didnt have hd activated so i'm just using it for Dish sd and ota hd.

I wanted to upgrade to an hd pvr. As i understand it i would have to...

a. Pay 299. 00 for an upgrade fee. so i could then ...

b. Lease the 622 for 5.00 per month and in addition

c. Give dish my 811 which i paid 300.00 for.

:confused:

Why in the world should it cost me the equivalent of 500.00 to be able to lease a reciever and then pay 49-99 dollars per month for programming?????

Am i getting this wrong? And i still havent mentioned the install fee...

What am i missing

emdawgz1 said:
I'm not getting this.

I currently own an 811, i didnt have hd activated so i'm just using it for Dish sd and ota hd.

Why in the world should it cost me the equivalent of 500.00 to be able to lease a reciever and then pay 49-99 dollars per month for programming?????

What am i missing
a) Yes
b) Yes
c) No, you don't have to give back any receivers for the $299 deal. You can call to have Dish release the 811 from your account, then you can sell it or whatever.

The install fee is included in the $299 (plus a tip if the installer is good).

emdawgz1 said:
I'm not getting this.

What am i missing

You are also missing the $20/month increase in your monthly bill due to having to signup for the Metallic package equivalent of your current Dish service for a minimum of 18 months. If it sounds like a ripoff, it probably is.

Carl B said:
You are also missing the $20/month increase in your monthly bill due to having to signup for the Metallic package equivalent of your current Dish service for a minimum of 18 months. If it sounds like a ripoff, it probably is.
It depends on what package you get, some are paying the same, or even less then they were before.

RobertsD said:
It depends on what package you get, some are paying the same, or even less then they were before.

You will only pay the same or less if you reduce your package content when you make the switch. Otherwise, even if you buy your own 211/622, the HD Metallic packages are at least $5/month more than what you could have had under the old HD system.

Carl B said:
You will only pay the same or less if you reduce your package content when you make the switch. Otherwise, even if you buy your own 211/622, the HD Metallic packages are at least $5/month more than what you could have had under the old HD system.

HD Plat + Locals is only 1 penny more than AEP+HD+VOOM+Locals

mike123abc said:
HD Plat + Locals is only 1 penny more than AEP+HD+VOOM+Locals

You are correct. At the highest possible level of packages, there isn't any increase in programming costs. At the levels below that, you pay $5/month more if you had basic VOOM and $10/month more if you only had the basic HDPak. Plus a new monthly lease fee if you swap your owned receiver for a leased receiver. Still not a good deal!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts